On a quite a few occasions now I have experienced the screen not coming back on when taken away from my ear. Sometimes I have to push the power button to bring it back.
    Is this a defect or bug as this just started happening about 3 days ago and I've only had the phone for 2 weeks..
    11-29-2009 08:29 PM
    have you tried restarting your phone? also you can try a soft restore
    11-29-2009 08:37 PM
    haven't done a battery pull in about 4 days lol restarted it before posting to see if that would clear it up.. would hate to return as the VZW store closest to me don't like me.. went through 4 storm2s and then got the droid.. they already cringe every time I walk in the store lol
    really don't want to go through the hassle of proving to them the phone has an issue before they replace it..
    11-29-2009 08:44 PM
    That happens to me sometimes but I just press the power button to turn the screen back on. I think the proximity sensor detects differences in light, that's how it knows when its close to your face. This problem usually happens if I'm in a dark room where it wouldn't be able to detect a light difference. I could be wrong though.
    11-29-2009 09:36 PM
    I had the same problem and contacted Verizon several times with no remedy. I noticed that in some cases, I was moving my hands to fast from my ear and then back and the thing could not react or adjust. I also found that sliding out the keyboard helped.
    11-29-2009 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD