found a battery - any chance it could damage my phone?

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Found a D1 smashed all to hell and back on the sidewalk saturday night, but being the cheapskate that i am, i picked up the battery and figured it'd be a nice spare battery and the price is great. Before i try to put this in my phone, is there any chance that the battery could damage my phone if it got messed up when the old phone got smashed? It looks fine, but i don't want to risk messing up a good phone to get a free battery.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Might be taking a risk, the impact that D1 took must have been substantial for it to be damaged the way you are describing it.

The cells in the battery could be damaged. If the battery has bulges or is swollen looking, it would not be a good idea to try it.

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Might be taking a risk, the impact that D1 took must have been substantial for it to be damaged the way you are describing it.

The cells in the battery could be damaged. If the battery has bulges or is swollen looking, it would not be a good idea to try it.

i'm guessing that it either got thrown out of a car or off a building, just totally smashed and spread out over a 5' area. My 1st thought was D2 warrenty replacement, but i figured the serial numbers wouldn't match.

The battery however looks fine, would any damage be visible from the outside or could it be damaged and not show?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Look for bulges its but it could be damaged without an obvious sign. I would say leave it alone not worth the risk

Technipages

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't chance it. I've heard of erratic Droids when it comes to power stuff. Third-party batteries and chargers cause issues. I wouldn't chance it witha stray battery.

-m

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I would have looked for the SD card.

I would power off your droid put the battery in and see if the charging light comes on when you plug it in. Let it sit for 15 minutes and see if it gets hot. If not, boot up and see if it works. I would say if you see no physical damage it will probably be okay.

Ameeelia.

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
who would do such a thing to such a wonderful phone? i'm in shock :eek:

try it! if it looks like your battery, physically, it probably works just fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt