I'm so close to returning my Droid! But it's not my fault!

cheechoz818

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I am very close to throwing in the towel on this phone, but i really do like it, but i just can't find a way to type on this thing!

The slide out keyboard, after using it for a week is turning out to be useless to me, and the virtual keyboard just doesn;t wanna keep up with my typing if i try to type fast!

This is getting annoying on such a nice phone. Is there any free 3rd party apps to help typing?

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I am very close to throwing in the towel on this phone, but i really do like it, but i just can't find a way to type on this thing!

The slide out keyboard, after using it for a week is turning out to be useless to me, and the virtual keyboard just doesn;t wanna keep up with my typing if i try to type fast!

This is getting annoying on such a nice phone. Is there any free 3rd party apps to help typing?
There are a lot of them in the Market. Check some of the programs and see which one suits you. There are quite a few that I am unable to type them up all here ;)

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Ok i will thanks a lot!

As you know there are some updates coming on dec 11th, that said I just hope that date will NOT be way beyond your thirty day return. Sometimes these updates will address a few issues and then again they may NOT expressely address your issues, yet it is worth a try, but donot run over your thirty day trial period cause I for one don't like to see you with a device you hate using. You truly have to enjoy whatever you have and NOT settle because of choices........:eek:

cheechoz818

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
As you know there are some updates coming on dec 11th, that said I just hope that date will NOT be way beyond your thirty day return. Sometimes these updates will address a few issues and then again they may NOT expressely address your issues, yet it is worth a try, but donot run over your thirty day trial period cause I for one don't like to see you with a device you hate using. You truly have to enjoy whatever you have and NOT settle because of choices........:eek:

No I'm good :) I just got this phone last week and at full retail price to ughh, but I think I'm gonna wait, because i just love a lot of things about this phone!

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
No I'm good :) I just got this phone last week and at full retail price to ughh, but I think I'm gonna wait, because i just love a lot of things about this phone!

Happy for you. You will get to like this phone, it has many good qualities and is very sturdy. As always a change is hard but stick with it and many of us here can help you get thru the first few "rough-sea-days" !!!! :cool:

cheechoz818

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Happy for you. You will get to like this phone, it has many good qualities and is very sturdy. As always a change is hard but stick with it and many of us here can help you get thru the first few "rough-sea-days" !!!! :cool:

Well that's awesome to hear, but i just gotta know for a real honest perspective ok. How do u manage to type really fast on a slide out keyboard with practically flat keys without hitting the next key, or hitting keys on the top row without being interfered with the slide up screen??

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Well that's awesome to hear, but i just gotta know for a real honest perspective ok. How do u manage to type really fast on a slide out keyboard with practically flat keys without hitting the next key, or hitting keys on the top row without being interfered with the slide up screen??
I hear you, its tough typing on that design keyboard, if you have large thumbs (sorry to say that :eek:) I am speaking for myself, honestly I am not a power typer and naturally I have no issues, but I am sure others do. It does take a long learning curve on this keyboard, me coming from BB devices like the Tour it took a while to use the keyboard. Also I use the iPhone so a virtual keyboard comes natural. Sorry I am not of much help, but hope you stick with it and try out. Yet, in the end you know what's right for you and go with that decision.

devarshi

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I find the soft keyboard works well when you get a rhythm going. You really have to alternate thumbs b/c of the lack of multi-touch. I rarely use the physical keyboard, but I'm glad its there.

candi6635

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
hope you find something that works luck for my i was able to get used to the keyboard after a week or so probably rare to hear but i actually love the physical keyboard now

cheechoz818

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Another thing that for the life of me I just don't understand! Why didn't they center the keyboard to make typing more natural? Thaqt stupid D-Pad is worthless, and is just there for show, I mean come on now!!!!!!

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I think there's an adjustment period on any phone switch. I went from a curve to the storm, and back to a tour with a physical keyboard, and each one was an adjustment. The droid keyboard is a lot different than the berry, mostly in layout, more than anything else. Give it time, you'll be fine.

SilverLight98

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Ya I don't really like the slide out keyboard. Its too flat to type on quickly. I also wish they would add multitouch support for the keyboard so it is like the iPhone. It would make typing more fluid and faster. Or someone could make an app to allow this? Please? I really don't get why there is no multitouch support for the Droid in the US but there is in other countries.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
One thing I have noticed, and this thread has really showcased it, is how much more accepting everyone in the Android world is of others. No offense to anyone here who is still around on CrackBerry, but I get the feeling that had this been a post on CB about the Storm2 or Tour or whatever the case may be, I'd be reading a lot of "don't let the door hit you on the @$$" replies. :eek:

Kaus

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
have you tried better keyboard from the market place its like 2.99 but is much better then the default keyboard.

area52

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I think its funny to hear complaints about the flatness of the keys in the same post about enjoying the typing experience on a storm or iphone. How do you get flatter than that?
I'm a fan of the keyboard for the simple fact that its there. Yeah it took some getting used to coming from the storm but now that I am, its great to have.

dotheweb

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
One thing I have noticed, and this thread has really showcased it, is how much more accepting everyone in the Android world is of others. No offense to anyone here who is still around on CrackBerry, but I get the feeling that had this been a post on CB about the Storm2 or Tour or whatever the case may be, I'd be reading a lot of "don't let the door hit you on the @$$" replies. :eek:

I second this big time. This forum/mobile platform is a welcome change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci