How do i stop the searching for GPS icon from popping up

raze813

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Almost every time i look at my phone i see a GPS icon on top of my screen... does it eat my battery while working constantly like this? is my droid defected?

if you dont know what im talking about, its a little satellite looking thing on your notifications bar with a couple green blinking bars

i dont want to turn GPS off because i want the weather and my location updated periodically (NOT CONSTANTLY!):mad:

is there a way to remove it from there?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
There is a power control widget that is stocl on the phone and you can select what you want active or not. Just press the gps iicon on it and you can shut it off

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
it's probably just a coincidence that it's on when you look, even if you leave location services on, it should only be running when something calls for location information.

what weather app are you using? for mine, i have it set to update every 3 hours, i usually only see the gps icon pop up when i open maps or something

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have my weather app set to update every hour and only see the GPS icon come up when I unlock my phone or use maps.

raze813

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
i use the weather channel app and cant find the settings in there to make it update every 3 hours ... is there another weather app that only takes up 1X1 on my droid and shows a 10 day forecast when i click on it?

raze813

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
uninstalled weather channel, installed weather bug and set updates for every 4 hours ... no more gps icon ... maybe its the app maybe not, but i have not moved an inch since then ... will let you know if gps pops up for no reason again

weather bug is a great app with only 1X1 space and shows you 10 day forcast

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If you use weather widget donate you can set it up do when its pressed it will open weather bug. The only bad thing is you have to hit it once to open the 3 day forecast then hit it again to bring up weather bug.

tealturboser

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I have weather bug installed and there is a setting to use gps for location. When I unlock it will do that on mine. I turned it off and it didnt do it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae