I just got my droid and it make kind of a fast pulse quiet mini high pitch beeps when the camera gets turned on. It also does it when I switch out of preview after deleting a picture to take another picture. Its not the shutter sound because the shutter sound different(I can hear what the shutter sounds like when i press shoot button halfway down). Is this phone defective?? It seems fine otherwise(green focus). My phone is 39/09
    12-03-2009 01:07 PM
    it's normal, from what i've gathered, it seems like all the cameras make this noise.

personally, i think it's related to the light (exposure) sensor
    12-03-2009 01:16 PM
    I just got my droid and it make kind of a fast pulse quiet mini high pitch beeps when the camera gets turned on. It also does it when I switch out of preview after deleting a picture to take another picture. Its not the shutter sound because the shutter sound different(I can hear what the shutter sounds like when i press shoot button halfway down). Is this phone defective?? It seems fine otherwise(green focus). My phone is 39/09
    NO there is NOTHING WRONG with yur phone.......that is normal to let the consumer know that you have accessed the camera app. Enjoy the phone and DONOT worry.
    12-03-2009 01:16 PM

heres a link of a video i made of the noise.

do all yours make that noise too?
    12-03-2009 01:35 PM
    That sounds about right (normal) to me.
    12-03-2009 01:39 PM
    Yeah mine makes that noise and my pictures suck!
    12-03-2009 02:05 PM
    yeah my pictures suck too..definitly not replacing my canon point and shoot...Maybe those who say its good quality have been using kodak cameras?? LOL jk
    12-03-2009 07:59 PM
    i don't think any cameraphone is ever going to replace a point and shoot for even remotely serious picture taking, their CCD's are so small along with their lenses, they're great in a pinch though and since the bug has worked itself out (for now) mine takes pretty good pictures for a phone.

it needs to be much faster though
    12-04-2009 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD