Hotmail - New Mail False Alarms

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Hotmail - New email 'False Alarms'

Does anyone else experience the new mail false alarms I get where my Droid email app reports hotmail emails that aren't new as being new and unread?

This randomly keeps happening (not often, but randomly)... pops up a notification, i go and check and the app shows me an email I've already read a while back as new and unread (still the old date, but for some reason marked unread).

The last time this happened I got on the computer and checked my hotmail... nothing was showing as new there. I thought it might be that I need to mark them read through the site rather than via the app, but this doesn't appear to be the issue.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited:

Tennessee

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I know that when I mark a message as unread and close the mail app, quickly i get a notification of new mail. But that is only if I mark it UNREAD. Never had it do it on its own though.

g35guy86#AC

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I have been getting this issue also with my aol email. Hopefully 2.1 will resolve this. Happens randomly to me also but at least once a day.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I have it happen with my comcast account often, this morning it did it for an hour straight, the phone would ding every 5-10 mins and when I checked it there was no new messages just one that I had read before yet the phone kept telling me I had a message, if I deleted the message it would just come back until I deleted it off the server

uncanny

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
false emails

I am also having the same problem, mostly with hotmail. But it reports falsely with AOl some times too. What kills me is every month or so it starts force closing when i try to open ANY email with any account. I have to erase all my account information and install all of them again.
This is quite a pain when i have to set up manually two of my email accounts.

:mad:

JoshNichols1

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem as well. What I did was I had my gmail account start pulling the email from my other accounts. This has stopped all of these false notifications. =]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams