Problems with gmail on the droid?

Argodabar

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I have had my Droid for about 2 weeks now and only have 2 gmail account and 1 aol account on my phone. For some reason ever since last night I can't sync my gmail account. I keep getting no connection and I even tried to use it will connected to wifi. I am also unable to send emails out using this. At first I thought it was gmail so I added my other gmail account and it worked perfectly. Does anyone have any tips on what to do? Thanks

lovemydroid

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Why am I getting duplicate emails? Sometime I receive 3 exactly the same. I also have received deleted emails from weeks ago. Is anyone else having this problem?

Argodabar

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I ended up having to do a factory reset because I couldn't delete that email address. Now I noticed that if I don't delete the emails off gmail from the gmail website i'd get a notification for an email I received days ago.

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I did just get one email from oct 19th that I deleted earlier (back then). It showed up in gmail and on the droid. It also has lost sync several times now. When I notice, I just reboot and it syncs back up. Not sure what is going on.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
If this happens often I'd wonder if you have a faulty baseband unit that doesn't maintain its internet connection. A friend of mine had similar issues and he noticed he was intermittently losing his.

There might also be some funk with your gmail account. Given that it's all imap driven, changes that took place before shouldn't randomly undo themselves.

cdecrist#AC

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
found an answer

Found this on another message board and it worked!!

There might be an easier way to fix the problem besides the factory reset. When you go
into the phone settings... go to applications then manage applications. Then you can press
the phones menu button and select the filters option. Change it to display all. Then u can
see gmail and gmail storage in the manage list. Try going to them and clearing their data or
cache. This should clear the temporary data from the gmail app allowing it to get a fresh
clean sync.

This wont fix the problem permanently but its easier than a factory reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol