03-22-2010 04:56 PM
208 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Wonder if there is anyway to get the old lock screen?
    Maybe a developer can make it?
    The one thing I loved is gone.
    Really? I like the new one. Makes it so not everyone can just pick up your phone and unlock. Its not this hardest thing to figure out but at least it doesn't draw you a diagram and say drag here to unlock.

But I understand your point.
    12-08-2009 12:11 PM
    got my update early this morning too. i was half asleep when i accepted it ~2am.

woke up this morning and thought it was a dream. the page animations from the 3 home screens and the drawer do feel more smooth. also, i do notice:
    "Opening apps seem to kind of have an animation now more like the Iphone, looks to me like a good polishing for the OS."
    ...wasn't sure if it was just me. glad to see someone noted it too
    12-08-2009 12:14 PM
    i'm really excited about this update...but i'm no longer impatiently looking forward to it now that i've seen the new lock screen. the wheel was literally my favorite part.

(was also hoping for multitouch keyboard...)
    12-08-2009 12:43 PM
    Haven't received the update yet, but if the lock screen is your favorite part of the phone, is like saying, "Standing at the front gates is my favorite part about going to Disneyland."
    12-08-2009 12:48 PM
    found this article hope it is helpful...

Droid Update Android 2.0.1 Available Now
    12-08-2009 12:55 PM
    Haven't received the update yet, but if the lock screen is your favorite part of the phone, is like saying, "Standing at the front gates is my favorite part about going to Disneyland."
    This quote just jumped into my top ten list. Props! I love it!

Can't wait to get my hands on that sweet new update...
    12-08-2009 12:58 PM
    LOL yeah, good point...
    12-08-2009 01:03 PM
    The updates sound good for a first pass =). I know I'll probably have to wait but I still can't help but check every 5 minutes haha.
    12-08-2009 01:08 PM
    That was good!!!! LMAO
    12-08-2009 01:09 PM
    i'm really excited about this update...but i'm no longer impatiently looking forward to it now that i've seen the new lock screen. the wheel was literally my favorite part.

(was also hoping for multitouch keyboard...)
    Same here.
    That and leaving. I hate Disneyland.
    12-08-2009 01:16 PM
    Got the update last night - download, install and reboot took about 7min.

New unlock screen.

Menus are faster.

One thing freaked me out the MENU BUTTONS and the KEYBOARD were not lighting up. POWERED DOWN and back up twice, no change. This was late last night and deided if others were having this it would show up. Now before the update I downloaded Google Goggles, it's BETA but very fun to play with. Once I launched Google Goggles the MENU & Slide Out Keybord lights up.

Everything has been solid since. In the office working so I cant attest for the battery life yet.
    12-08-2009 02:25 PM
    So is the phone acually faster due to the update or due to the phone just being rebooted?
    12-08-2009 02:30 PM
    ....patiently waiting for the update to be pushed to my droid....
    12-08-2009 02:45 PM
    I spoke with a Verizon Rep today and I was told that update is going to roll at midnight tonight, but clearly they are popping it out early.

Can anyone confirm that contacts stay intact post-update?
    12-08-2009 02:47 PM
    Man I was hoping I would have got my update when I woke up but I didn't like most people lol..I guess I figured since I was the first to get mine at my store I would be lucky enough. Oh well I can wait :/
    12-08-2009 02:49 PM
    What sucks is trying to figure out how to get this update asap without reading the comments people are saying. I don't mind reading what it says on Verizon's website, but not being able to get the update and reading what people say is updated is like someone spoiling a movie im dying to see. lol. I bought my Droid along with everyone else the day it came out and we should be getting the update first!
    12-08-2009 02:52 PM
    Thought the next batch drops on Thursday?
    12-08-2009 02:56 PM
    Thought the next batch drops on Thursday?
    Yeah, if you didn't get it this morning, you have to wait until Thursday morning.

Like meeeeeeeeee
    12-08-2009 02:59 PM
    What sucks is trying to figure out how to get this update asap without reading the comments people are saying. I don't mind reading what it says on Verizon's website, but not being able to get the update and reading what people say is updated is like someone spoiling a movie im dying to see. lol. I bought my Droid along with everyone else the day it came out and we should be getting the update first!
    I have no idea why some people get there updates first but it could be worse you could have a storm.

I have to wait until Thursday too.
    12-08-2009 03:08 PM
    DA6 thanks for reminding those who are too lazy to get answers themselves hahaha.

If you want to know how they are updating the phone, it is ALL OVER the internet.
    12-08-2009 03:10 PM
    I have no idea why some people get there updates first but it could be worse you could have a storm.

Most are speculating it is to ensure that there are no serious problems with the update
    12-08-2009 03:11 PM
    Seems that the widgets for youtube and the music player are different .. no real change in setup or anything.
    12-08-2009 03:17 PM

I had the Storm1, worse phone ever. lol
    12-08-2009 03:22 PM
    agree with you both Had the storm...such a hassle hahahaha
    12-08-2009 03:25 PM
    Got the update last night - download, install and reboot took about 7min.

New unlock screen.

Menus are faster.

One thing freaked me out the MENU BUTTONS and the KEYBOARD were not lighting up. POWERED DOWN and back up twice, no change. This was late last night and deided if others were having this it would show up. Now before the update I downloaded Google Goggles, it's BETA but very fun to play with. Once I launched Google Goggles the MENU & Slide Out Keybord lights up.

Everything has been solid since. In the office working so I cant attest for the battery life yet.
    I downloaded Google Goggles yesterday as well.. My phone went ape **** crazy about an hour later. Back button would not work then all the sudden the camera app started opening every 2 seconds.. Wouldnt stop.. Had to get a new phone... Im going to be waiting a while before i try that again.
    12-08-2009 04:21 PM
208 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD