Just got the 2.0.1 Update OTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrislitzkow

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm in Madison, WI and have a '0' for my last digit. Nothing as of yet. Is it somthing that will show up automatically, or are you going into phone settings and checking for updates?

From the photo, I like the current unlock gesture better than the new one. Like everything though... we'll all get used to it! :)

kamileon

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Ok...according to my buddy at VZW tech support the update is rolling out as follows......@ noon today it went out to a 1000 people, @ midnight it will be pushed out to 9000 more, then every 48 hours it will be pushed out to 10,000 people and finally on day 3 it will be pushed out to 200,000 people a day until it is pushed out to everyone. He did not however know who was getting it when, he said it appeared to have no rhyme or reason to who gets it when.

iJason#WN

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Ok...according to my buddy at VZW tech support the update is rolling out as follows......@ noon today it went out to a 1000 people, @ midnight it will be pushed out to 9000 more, then every 48 hours it will be pushed out to 10,000 people and finally on day 3 it will be pushed out to 200,000 people a day until it is pushed out to everyone. He did not however know who was getting it when, he said it appeared to have no rhyme or reason to who gets it when.

Will the update just appear or will I have to go under software update and keep checking if its there?

R

Roy Aguilera

Midnight Eastern. I got mine at 2.01 PM Pacific Time. That would be 5:01 Eastern. He missed a push or something.

kamileon

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Midnight Eastern. I got mine at 2.01 PM Pacific Time. That would be 5:01 Eastern. He missed a push or something.

Maybe, but he was reading it straight from the memo they received about the update. But again it is VZW, so nothing is ever for sure, even if it is in writing. Or its possible it took that long to get to you. Pushed out at noon eastern arrived to you at 2 pm eastern. Im sure it went through some channels before finally getting to your phone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.