Ok. I rooted my droid on froyo 2.2 before I think a second froyo 2.2 update came out. it was rooted using normal pushing of a "update.zip" file and following the usual steps. everything was good till i updated now all my root using apps dont work, I've attempted a couple of unrooting techniques but to no avail. I even tried the Universal Androot program but it tells me that It can't root it, but when I hit the unroot button it says that my phone is still rooted. does anyone know ho to correct this so I can use my wifi tethering again? (meaning I need to get back to root)
    10-08-2010 04:24 PM
    Unfortunately somewhere along the way it sounds like you actually got the OTA update from Verizon and pushed the 2.2 update to your phone. If you check the root/hack section the only way to re-root is to go back to a 2.1 version and root that and then you can flash a 2.2 ROM. That is what my buddy had to do and his issues were exactly what you are experiencing.
    10-08-2010 05:49 PM
    It's happened to quite a few people. As stated above, the re-root instructions are posted in the hack forum.
    10-08-2010 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD