I have a POP3 Comcast account set up on my Droid. Every once in a while copies of read emails reappear in my inbox even after I've deleted them from my Droid. I know they're still on the Comcast server and I want them to remain there until I delete them from my PC.

Today the same 3-4 emails reappeared, some of them 5-6 times. It's more annoying than alarming, but I can't figure out what the problem is and how to fix it. My Comcast inbox was not very full, so that doesn't seem to be the explanation.

Suggestions?
    12-09-2009 06:39 PM
    My hotmail account has done this since day 1 and I have yet to find a fix.
    12-09-2009 07:19 PM
    I always had this problem on my Win mobile phones also, Blackberrys are the only ones I have never had this issue with. My droid does it on my pop3 and my yahoo accounts.
    12-09-2009 07:20 PM
    I always had this problem on my Win mobile phones also, Blackberrys are the only ones I have never had this issue with. My droid does it on my pop3 and my yahoo accounts.
    Well, you guys are a lot of help!

Actually, that's a bit reassuring. I was worried that this was one of those rare errors that was visiting only me. I'll make a point of deleting emails from my PC more often and just hope for a fix.

And of course it was ironic that I got the same email from my wife half a dozen times, asking me if I'd taken care of a chore. :rolleyes:
    12-09-2009 07:41 PM
    Sometimes my wife has to ask me things a dozen time too for me to do it you can't blame the phone.

Why not set up a gmail account and forward you other to it and from there to your phone.
    12-09-2009 08:35 PM
    Sometimes my wife has to ask me things a dozen time too for me to do it you can't blame the phone.

Why not set up a gmail account and forward you other to it and from there to your phone.
    Thankfully Gmail is my primary, and basically the only email I use aside from my Military/School emails, and this issue seems to be outside of Gmail. Although I haven't ran into it with my School email.
    12-09-2009 09:12 PM
    I have this issue as well with my pop email. I find that if I actually open the email (rather than just clicking mark as read/delete) then it doesn't reappear.
    12-09-2009 09:20 PM
    I would but hotmail is stupid and will only let you forward to a @live.com or @hotmail.com email. So I am unable to forward it to my gmail account.
    12-09-2009 10:16 PM

It's not such a persistent or annoying issue that I'm ready to do that--yet. But that's not a bad idea.

My wife insists she sent the email just once. Maybe, maybe not.

The other weird part is that the repeat emails have a 1969 date on them.
    12-10-2009 05:28 AM
    I would but hotmail is stupid and will only let you forward to a @live.com or @hotmail.com email. So I am unable to forward it to my gmail account.
    why don't you setup Gmail to POP or IMAP your hotmail account? That's how I have mine setup for live.com and a couple other accounts, works great.
    12-10-2009 11:53 AM
    This has happened to me before as well. I find that if I actually open up the email to mark it read it stops. But it can be a little annoying if it happens for multiple emails.
    12-10-2009 11:57 AM
    I'm having the same problem and it's driving me crazy.
    12-13-2013 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD