I hate Droid...

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I still have been using my "as good as new" Droid and everything seems to work as it's suppose to. I don't use Launcher Pro and the screen lag is very short. I don't know how it's possible that some people go through three or four refurbished devices and I only have one and it works great. It seems to me that some of those people are just angling to get an upgraded phone. Who knows. I see all of these people using these newer Andriod phone that are huge and it looks like the brick phone is back only flatter.

Well I said the same thing about all the people complaining about the Storm and saying that they had up to as many as 20 replacements. I agree that "some" are looking for an upgraded phone, but the others have/had real issues.

As for me, I had my Storm for a year and a half until it finally broke. That's the only reason that I upgraded to the Droid. I liked the Droid until the update to Froyo. Then all of a sudden it started acting funky. I took it to a VZW store and they saw what I was talking about. So they set me up to have a replacement sent to me. That's when the adventure began.

The first replacement had a bad sliding mechanism and wouldn't come on. The battery was fully charged.
The second replacement kept shutting itself off and I had to keep doing battery pulls. Now that's funny because everyone claims only on BB's do you have to do battery pulls.
The third replacement had to be sent back because they could not activate it cause it was still in someone elses name.
And the fourth replacement had some keys that didn't work.

I wasn't looking for an upgrade, JUST A PHONE THAT WORKS. PERIOD.

I can't speak for other people, but I want what I paid for.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Well I said the same thing about all the people complaining about the Storm and saying that they had up to as many as 20 replacements. I agree that "some" are looking for an upgraded phone, but the others have/had real issues.

As for me, I had my Storm for a year and a half until it finally broke. That's the only reason that I upgraded to the Droid. I liked the Droid until the update to Froyo. Then all of a sudden it started acting funky. I took it to a VZW store and they saw what I was talking about. So they set me up to have a replacement sent to me. That's when the adventure began.

The first replacement had a bad sliding mechanism and wouldn't come on. The battery was fully charged.
The second replacement kept shutting itself off and I had to keep doing battery pulls. Now that's funny because everyone claims only on BB's do you have to do battery pulls.
The third replacement had to be sent back because they could not activate it cause it was still in someone elses name.
And the fourth replacement had some keys that didn't work.

I wasn't looking for an upgrade, JUST A PHONE THAT WORKS. PERIOD.

I can't speak for other people, but I want what I paid for.

seems like you had the same problem with replacement droids that i did. i was sent 4 replacement droids and all of them had a weak/wobbly slider. the funny thing is that i mentioned to them about my concern with receiving a replacement with weak slider and they told me (of course) "we haven't heard of that. it is very rare for a replacement to have that issue". each time i called them back and told them how it had a weak slider and what was their response each time? "that's strange, i have never heard of that occurring with replacements". Just goes to show you that you should always be careful when it comes to getting a replacement (anything) because a problem you could probably deal with may turn into a problem that you do not know what to do about.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
seems like you had the same problem with replacement droids that i did. i was sent 4 replacement droids and all of them had a weak/wobbly slider. the funny thing is that i mentioned to them about my concern with receiving a replacement with weak slider and they told me (of course) "we haven't heard of that. it is very rare for a replacement to have that issue". each time i called them back and told them how it had a weak slider and what was their response each time? "that's strange, i have never heard of that occurring with replacements". Just goes to show you that you should always be careful when it comes to getting a replacement (anything) because a problem you could probably deal with may turn into a problem that you do not know what to do about.

They said the same things to me. "oh that's strange", "we haven't heard of that happening before" etc. I guess they must have it written down so they can remember to say it to everyone lol. But what I don't understand is you can take the phone to a VZW store, they check it out, and they see everything that you are talking about and agree that the phone is defective.

So to me there is your proof that you are not just saying that it is defective, a VZW rep also agrees.

Well I'm thankful that they sent me a brand new Droid 2 and hopefully it doesn't give me any issues.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
the verizon reps aren't always helpful. when i brought my orginal broken droid in (one of the prongs for the power button was broken so i had to press on the right side of the button in order power off/lock/reboot) to have it looked at the guy told me the button was stuck or something like that. he said it was normal and would go away. i called BS on his advice and told him he was wrong. then he looked at the replacement they sent me and said the week wobbly slider was somthing that had to be broken in. I called BS on his words of advice again. there is no reason for the slider to be weak. then to top it off i told him i wanted to keep my orginal broken droid until i get a better replacement. what does the verizon rep do? he tried to activate the replacement. sometimes i wonder haha

but it is all good now. i got a DInc after my 4th droid replacement. i guess it worked out for the better. plus i dont feel the need to get an early upgrade as soon as i was.

G

GenericMessage

the verizon reps aren't always helpful. when i brought my orginal broken droid in (one of the prongs for the power button was broken so i had to press on the right side of the button in order power off/lock/reboot) to have it looked at the guy told me the button was stuck or something like that. he said it was normal and would go away. i called BS on his advice and told him he was wrong. then he looked at the replacement they sent me and said the week wobbly slider was somthing that had to be broken in. I called BS on his words of advice again. there is no reason for the slider to be weak. then to top it off i told him i wanted to keep my orginal broken droid until i get a better replacement. what does the verizon rep do? he tried to activate the replacement. sometimes i wonder haha

but it is all good now. i got a DInc after my 4th droid replacement. i guess it worked out for the better. plus i dont feel the need to get an early upgrade as soon as i was.

Try EVER helpful!

I have had to replace EVERY SINGLE ONE of my Moto android phones. I've now own one of each! Minus the devour.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I don't get how I can have 7 Android phones.. all the first one I ordered(none are refurbs/replacements) and not a SINGLE one has had ANY issues.

some of them are rooted, some are running unofficial 2.2(backflip and droidx), some are running official 2.2(dinc, droid1), my dell streak is running hacked 2.1

I actively use my DX and Dell Streak.. my other phones still work and I have used them as my day to day phones at some point in the past..

it just boggles my mind. Infact, I've had MANY MANY phones over the years, not just Android and I've never had to replace any of them. Had BB Curve, BB Storm, BB Bold 9700(running hacked OS6)..

I've never ever received a refurb.. what does it mean? no idea.. maybe I have a luck about me. I also treat my phones better than most people treat their wives.

G

GenericMessage

No offense but there is no way that many phones just broke. If I was Verizon I would cancel your subscription and send you to AT&T. LOL:D

Maybe if their software was better managed *cough* Blur *Cough*

WE woulden't be in this mess.

As for the Droid? My power button broke, and they forced (although at the time was nice) a Droid 2 upon me

G

GenericMessage

If you read one of my posts here you would know I do have a replacement and it works just fine. That's why I made the remarks I did.

Alright everyone, lets just smile! And be happy!

Good, we are glad that you've had a good experience with your replacement device!

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
If you read one of my posts here you would know I do have a replacement and it works just fine. That's why I made the remarks I did.

When I read this it kind of caught me off guard a bit. Then I read my post and it made sense. I just want to apologize for how it came out. I didn't mean it in a rude/condescending way. I didn't see your post earlier so I assumed you haven't had to deal with like new replacements. What I meant to say (worded better haha) was that if you had gotten a replacement then you would understand where we were coming from. After reading your earlier post I realized you had received a replacement and didn't have an issue, which is really good. I guess it kind of depends on luck in order to get a good solid device.

Thank you for pointing that out because i would never have noticed how condescending that came off. One of the flaws in text communication is not being able to convey emotion (for the most part).