12-14-2009 01:21 AM
34 12
tools
    Pay the extra $70 and get the phone on a one year contract. That way you can upgrade at a discounted price in 10 months
    If you get the droid, you will have to pay for a data plan as well. So your plan should be expensive enough that you can do the "annual upgrade" even if you get the 2 year plan.
    12-12-2009 12:18 PM
    if you're coming for a storm then definitely get it Android phones are limit less fun and I plan on keeping this phone for the entire length of the 2yr contract...and then I'll buy the first LTE android
    12-12-2009 01:35 PM
    I was able to get an upgrade since July but was waiting for my contract to expire. I didn't like any of the Verizon phones and was drooling over the iphone. i have a touch and played with the iphone numerous times. My contract was up on the 21st of November. I decided to check the Droid out on Nov. 15th figuring it would be alright but no iphone. So, i went to Best Buy to check it out. i messed around with it for about an hour and was really impressed. I would have bought it on the spot but my kids were getting to antsy. i went back 2 days later and bought the Droid. Best Buy even took of the 50 bucks so i paid $150 for it. They did it listing it as a price match. In my opinion this blows the iphone away. I love the navigation feature to. I used the voice command to navigate to Radio City the other night. We missed our train by 5 mins due to a hwy shutdown for over a half hour. The navigation worked great. I am going to sell my touch and maybe even my Garmin. I recommend this phone to anyone.
    12-13-2009 09:32 AM
    Htc passion and an actual google phone will be out in a few months. But there's no guarantee that they'll run on americas best network lol
    12-13-2009 11:29 AM
    and neither will have a physical keyboard. Which is why no matter what comes out, I'm happy that I went with the droid. I love my physical keyboard.
    12-13-2009 04:00 PM
    the physical keyboard is pretty important to me. on the storm, I like to type in landscape mode...and it is hard to see what is typed, or what has been typed previously by others.
    if one of these new phones coming out had a physical keyboard and the bigger processor, and android...I would be waiting for it.
    I am concerned about the email function of the droid. I am a contractor, and comunicate via email to suppliers and customers daily. it doesn't have to be instant, but at least 10 minutes to recieve.
    Jon
    12-13-2009 05:53 PM
    If I were you I'd wait. While the Droid is pretty nice, I still feel like it could have been leaps and bounds better. The overall ergonomics of this phone are pretty subpar. The placement of the volume rocker, power button, and camera button were poorly implemented. The keyboard was just a complete afterthought. Also the overall sound and speech quality on this phone is nowhere near as good as phones I've had in the past. The HTC Eris does much better in the "making clear quality phone calls" department.

Just like the Palm Pre rollout... what we have here is an amazing OS in a "Made in China" on-the-cheap handset. They did good in the fact that it, mostly, feels solid and has a glass screen. That, really, is about it.
    12-13-2009 09:36 PM
    because a new phone comes out every 3 months i would say wait the month and a half and get what comes out then.
    12-13-2009 10:08 PM
    because a new phone comes out every 3 months i would say wait the month and a half and get what comes out then.
    So based on that theory, he buys the new device, and then in another 3 months something bigger and better comes out, right?

No matter what, something "new" is going to be coming out in the not too distant future. Don't base your decision off of the "next best thing", otherwise you'll be buying a new phone at least twice a year.
    12-14-2009 01:21 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD