Droid or wait for ?????????????

R

Roy Aguilera

Everyone on this forum will tell you to get the Droid. Best thing you can do is go into a VZW store, spend an hour or two playing with it, walk up to the CS service Rep and ask him for a Droid, car dock and media dock. If you so this (step by step) you will add years to your life and become rich within the next two years.

JonnyCerv#AC

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Simply put....Droid does. Came from Storm 1. And was a loyal BB user for years. Mastered everything.

Can't imagine ever going back. I would even laugh at the Iphone vs. this baby.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Simply put....Droid does. Came from Storm 1. And was a loyal BB user for years. Mastered everything.

Can't imagine ever going back. I would even laugh at the Iphone vs. this baby.

I was using my iPod Touch the other day, and I took one look at the screen and thought I was going to vomit. The resolution, compared to the Droid looks down right awful.

garydee

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
After trying the HTC Pro2 (sent it back in 2 weeks, did'nt like the keyboard) HTC Imagio (sent it back in 6 days - broke) I was going to hold out for the next new HTC - I really liked the HTC user Interface and phone feel, but wanted Android 2.0 (weak effort Microsoft 6.5). I waited, watching the alerts - The newer phone may not come out for months (Verizon). THEN, I saw how customizable the 2.0 Android actually is! Down-loadable UI's that you can change between (I like Home++ for now), tons upon tons of Apps that are actually great!

Don't wait any longer - the Droid is excellent. I got mine with the plain to play with it then send it back within the 30 days, but its not going to happen - it's a keeper!

Jon1029

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
thanks for all the input everyone!

I have went and played with the droid at the store when it first came out. I really do like it.
I use my storm 1 for business and personal.
I do need to be able to open, view and edit microsoft office software like excell, and word. as well as at least view PDF files. the demo unit in the verizon store didn't have these apps. but the salesperson (s) said it would do all that. no offence to anyone, but I don't 100% trust sales people. there were three different sales people that came up and talked with me, in the 45 min that I was there. I told each of them that I was not going to purchase that day. Each one talked to me about the storm vs. Droid, and each one said something (don't remember what, not important) that was not true about the Storm. then they had a manager come talk to me, while all three of them stood next to her. was pretty comical, really. somehow the manager new my name...I don't think I told anyone my name, and didn't sign in either. I aske her how she knew my name...she said she had "ESPN". she was serious too...lol.
I'm sure they are just trying to make as many sales as possible. but, they are not going to do it by not knowing less than the consumer, and making stupid comments.

anyway, thanks for the opinions. I want to go today and get the Droid. Really the only thing holding me back now is the idea of verizon offering a deal right before xmas.

Jon

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Pay the extra $70 and get the phone on a one year contract. That way you can upgrade at a discounted price in 10 months :)

If you get the droid, you will have to pay for a data plan as well. So your plan should be expensive enough that you can do the "annual upgrade" even if you get the 2 year plan.

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
if you're coming for a storm then definitely get it Android phones are limit less fun and I plan on keeping this phone for the entire length of the 2yr contract...and then I'll buy the first LTE android :D

juicem2

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
I was able to get an upgrade since July but was waiting for my contract to expire. I didn't like any of the Verizon phones and was drooling over the iphone. i have a touch and played with the iphone numerous times. My contract was up on the 21st of November. I decided to check the Droid out on Nov. 15th figuring it would be alright but no iphone. So, i went to Best Buy to check it out. i messed around with it for about an hour and was really impressed. I would have bought it on the spot but my kids were getting to antsy. i went back 2 days later and bought the Droid. Best Buy even took of the 50 bucks so i paid $150 for it. They did it listing it as a price match. In my opinion this blows the iphone away. I love the navigation feature to. I used the voice command to navigate to Radio City the other night. We missed our train by 5 mins due to a hwy shutdown for over a half hour. The navigation worked great. I am going to sell my touch and maybe even my Garmin. I recommend this phone to anyone.

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
and neither will have a physical keyboard. Which is why no matter what comes out, I'm happy that I went with the droid. I love my physical keyboard.

Jon1029

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
the physical keyboard is pretty important to me. on the storm, I like to type in landscape mode...and it is hard to see what is typed, or what has been typed previously by others.
if one of these new phones coming out had a physical keyboard and the bigger processor, and android...I would be waiting for it.
I am concerned about the email function of the droid. I am a contractor, and comunicate via email to suppliers and customers daily. it doesn't have to be instant, but at least 10 minutes to recieve.
Jon

Noseeums

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
If I were you I'd wait. While the Droid is pretty nice, I still feel like it could have been leaps and bounds better. The overall ergonomics of this phone are pretty subpar. The placement of the volume rocker, power button, and camera button were poorly implemented. The keyboard was just a complete afterthought. Also the overall sound and speech quality on this phone is nowhere near as good as phones I've had in the past. The HTC Eris does much better in the "making clear quality phone calls" department.

Just like the Palm Pre rollout... what we have here is an amazing OS in a "Made in China" on-the-cheap handset. They did good in the fact that it, mostly, feels solid and has a glass screen. That, really, is about it.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
because a new phone comes out every 3 months i would say wait the month and a half and get what comes out then.

So based on that theory, he buys the new device, and then in another 3 months something bigger and better comes out, right?

No matter what, something "new" is going to be coming out in the not too distant future. Don't base your decision off of the "next best thing", otherwise you'll be buying a new phone at least twice a year.