01-19-2010 07:45 PM
50 12
tools
    ok i was up late last night messing with my droid,market,websites,etc. etc. ok,i went to bed about 2, half power on my phone. woke up this a.m. and it was flashing, almost dead. heres the list of apps i have...pda net,dolphin,sms popup,dxtop,astro,quick uninstaller,airattack,downloadcrutch,tastkiller,speedtest. anyone out there having same problem? are any of these apps drain killers?
    12-11-2009 10:23 AM
    I use dolphin, dxtop, and taskiller and have not seen any changes to my battery life. Maybe your browser was open on something that drained your battery.
    12-11-2009 10:32 AM
    I use dolphin, dxtop, and taskiller and have not seen any changes to my battery life. Maybe your browser was open on something that drained your battery.
    Same here ~
    12-11-2009 10:33 AM
    ya i have been having probs with dolphin. that could be. i dont like the pinch and zoom. it
    was the first night i didnt plug it in so it freaked me out.
    u get ur phone figured out choco?
    also love ur new look mclarry, i miss probert. lol
    12-11-2009 10:39 AM
    did you check the battery usage on the phone to see if any apps stand out as the culprit? That should tell you if it is indeed an app.
    12-11-2009 10:50 AM
    Battery has been awesome for me.
    12-11-2009 11:01 AM
    didnt check,but i will check that if it happens again. thx. i think im ok. must have forgot to close out dolphin.
    12-11-2009 11:02 AM
    thats why i freaked out, battery has been great since update. all in all, im happy with update.
    12-11-2009 11:04 AM
    you'd think that if the screen goes to sleep and dolphin was active before it did, that it would not remain running. I'm not sure what purpose the browser has in that idle state, unlike something like an IM client that you always want to receive notificaitons for. I think i'll run a test now and see if dolphin taxes the system while asleep.
    12-11-2009 11:08 AM
    My battery has been great, sorry that happened to you. I'm thinking you had to many app running in the back ground.
    12-11-2009 11:10 AM
    you'd think that if the screen goes to sleep and dolphin was active before it did, that it would not remain running. I'm not sure what purpose the browser has in that idle state, unlike something like an IM client that you always want to receive notificaitons for. I think i'll run a test now and see if dolphin taxes the system while asleep.
    some sites will auto refresh (MSNBC for one) if the browser was left open it may have done a refresh say every 20 min or so.
    12-11-2009 11:14 AM
    Battery has been awesome for me.
    What Apps do you have on your phone?
    12-11-2009 11:17 AM
    only thing i changed was for it not to sleep,but thats while charging.i also changed my screen timeout to 10 minutes. thats the only physical changes i made yesterday.
    12-11-2009 11:18 AM
    only other thingi have is weather widget donate. was having probs with it before update,but running good since update.
    12-11-2009 11:22 AM
    I'm using WWD to and haven't had any problems since the update just like you.

After using the Lions picture anything would have looked better even a pic of the S1 lol
    12-11-2009 12:09 PM
    ya i have been having probs with dolphin. that could be. i dont like the pinch and zoom. it
    was the first night i didnt plug it in so it freaked me out.
    u get ur phone figured out choco?
    also love ur new look mclarry, i miss probert. lol
    Yes. I have a brand new phone. All is well ~
    12-11-2009 04:36 PM
    Yes. I have a brand new phone. All is well ~
    Sweet. Always nice to get back on track. Good luck with this one.
    12-11-2009 04:43 PM
    My battery has been much better since the update.
    12-11-2009 04:53 PM
    I had almost exactly the opposite happen. My battery was getting such good life out of it I stopped using the task killer to see how it would work out. It's much improved. That goes without saying though, pre-update my phone would drain overnight in standby. It doesn't do that anymore without even killing tasks.
    12-11-2009 05:07 PM
    I have not noticed an improvement in the battery. I was ending the day around 20% and I'm still ending the day around 20%...
    12-11-2009 10:23 PM
    ive went all day not recharging and im at about 20%. also i looked at what was eating my battery and it was my display taking 75 %. everything else was minimal.
    12-11-2009 10:30 PM
    Ive had my droid for a few days now, and i really am dissapointed with battery life. With no bluetooth, no wifi, and screen on lowest setting, apps closed with advance task killer. i really cant get my battery to last even a half day. And i dont really use it much. Am i missing something?
    12-21-2009 11:05 AM
    Ive had my droid for a few days now, and i really am dissapointed with battery life. With no bluetooth, no wifi, and screen on lowest setting, apps closed with advance task killer. i really cant get my battery to last even a half day. And i dont really use it much. Am i missing something?
    did you upgrade it to 2.0.1?...if so...

with all that done...sounds like you have a defective battery my friend...my droid lasts almost a day and a half...return it!
    12-21-2009 11:38 AM
    yes, i did do the 2.0.1 os update
    12-21-2009 11:39 AM
    These are all good battery settings to use when trying to conserve, I too had some serious concerns about the battery life when I first got the DROID as well however, the more I let it die and charge again it got better and better. I can go a full day with heavy usage or a day and a half with light usage. GPS can really drain your battery quick also as I'm sure you already know, anyhow hang in there and see if your battery life improves at all. If not return it for a new one!

AD
    12-21-2009 11:41 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD