My Droid pretty much bucked the kicket

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
First it was the physical keyboard. It had the coming unglued sticky buttons issue. I lived with that for quite a while because of Swype.

Then it was the headphone jack shorting out. I got tons of static and stuff when the headphone plug would get touched or even looked at sideways. That I lived with for a little bit because I didn't use it too much.

Then came the crazy acting screen. It kept scrolling, selecting random things, launching random apps, and generally flaking out. That I couldn't live with!

So I finally had to break down and go in to the Verizon Store and get a sweet new "refurbished" Droid sent to me overnight. I'm currently waiting for it to get here tomorrow morning and going absolutely nuts without being able to use my phone!!!

I can't believe after all this stuff happening I still absolutely love this phone! If I think about it this is by far the most malfunctioning piece of phone hardware I've ever had! And that's saying a lot since I came to the Droid from a Palm Pre.

Can't wait till I get my refurb so I can start getting it set up the way I had this one. (I was secretly wishing I'd get offered a different phone model but I guess I'll just hope the same stuff doesn't happen to the refurb.)

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Ehh good luck with the refurb, buddy - I went through 4 refurb Droids and not one of them lasted over a couple of days. They were all broken when they were given to me.

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
^That's what I'm afraid of. The "new" one will probably be worse than the one I have now. I guess I'll have to waist even more of my time to keep taking them back in or calling until I get hooked up somehow. I'm sure the keyboard issue will happen again if it isn't already like that when I get it. I'm waiting for the FedEx truck right now. Trying to think happy thoughts lol

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Got it and it's pretty much good as new. I'm happy so far. :) The keyboard is in the original super flat style that my first Droid had before it started bubbling up and coming unglued. I haven't tested the headphone jack yet. It's really clean and scratch free though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7