gallery after update

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I updated my phone and everything was working for a few days. I had not gone into my gallery of pictures in those few days, but when I did, the phone displayed a mesage that this program was not installed on this device. I deleted it from my "desktop" (main screen), then re-installed it and it worked.

Anyone else have anything like this happen. This is the first time I've heard of a standard program having this kind of problem with the update.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Yes, happened to me as well. It's a simple shortcut issue when updating. Nothing to worry about. Delete it and then add it back then you are good to go. Just like you said.

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Why would this be a problem only for the gallery? Did the update sever the link to where the program or the photo's were being stored on the SD card? Assuming this is the case, this could have happened with any widgets on the main screens that point to, or have physical downloads on the sd card.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Why would this be a problem only for the gallery? Did the update sever the link to where the program or the photo's were being stored on the SD card? Assuming this is the case, this could have happened with any widgets on the main screens that point to, or have physical downloads on the sd card.

it appears that it was just a bug in the update (or an internal change that made the shortcut no longer work). it's possible the internal link to the gallery was indeed changed and thus the old shorcut didn't work. In a perfect world, the update would have "updated" the link for the old shortcut, but maybe they just missed it or didn't feel like spending the time to fix it. This happened to many, if not all of us, and I didn't experience this for any other application/shortcut. I wouldn't worry about it.