Hello all

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just purchased a Droid. Been dreaming of getting one for a while. Finally decided to leave Blackberry. Glad to be here.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Welcome aboard! I also left Blackberry, and haven't regretted it one minute. Rooting/flashing is much more fun than installing those boring hybrids :D

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Welcome. After using your Droid for a little bit you will wonder why you waited so long to make the switch. :p
I wondered why after all of the reviews I read and YouTube vids I watched prior to making the purchase. After having used it for about 12 hours, I'm really kicking myself for waiting so long. Lol

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I just bought the Original Droid as well and also came from a BB Storm 2. I'm still getting used to it, but it flies in comparison to BB. And not just the browser, but the UI as well.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I just bought the Original Droid as well and also came from a BB Storm 2. I'm still getting used to it, but it flies in comparison to BB. And not just the browser, but the UI as well.
Yes indeed. I love this thing. I held onto my BB for so long because I convinced my fiance to go from her samsung delve to a bb. But when I paid $50 for a brand new droid ($150 then sold my BB for $100) i had to make the switch. I swear I wish I hadn't waited so long!!!!! This thing is so awesome it's not even funny. What's even better is that by going through craigslist I got the phone I wanted and I still have my VZW upgrade. I just don't have insurance on the device since I didn't purchase it through VZW. Any way around this to get coverage on my device? LOL

lssanjose#AC

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm going through the same feeling, but mine is on the way. Like you, I started kicking myself over waiting. The more and more I messed with Android in the Verizon store, the more I got into it, and liked it. I don't know how I handled Sure Press for so long. Don't get me wrong, it's a little nifty technology useful for a select group of people. But, like what I said in other forums, I gotta thank Opera Mini for preparing me for life without the technology.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes indeed. BBM was the big thing holding me back. So, last week I fasted from BBM for the entire week. I had no problem texting exclusively. Then, I came across that awesome deal and jumped on it. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to get my facebook notifications to push to my droid..... :0(

lssanjose#AC

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
it's a BBM replacement for those who suffer from BBM withdrawal. It'll have a BB version soon, as the website says. This allows various platforms to communicate with one another, using similar features to BBM. I've been an extensive BBM user since getting my 8330 in '08. Not that I'll miss it THAT MUCH when my droid comes in Thurs or Fri. But, it'd be a nice outlet for users of all platforms.