02-10-2010 09:21 AM
269 1234 ...
tools
    I work at Verizon and can tell you first hand. I know we are getting it. BUT there is no idea when it will be rolling out
    01-31-2010 09:36 AM
    I work at Verizon and can tell you first hand. I know we are getting it. BUT there is no idea when it will be rolling out
    Eeeeeeeeeexactly.
    01-31-2010 10:58 AM
    LOL you all crack me up.
    01-31-2010 09:02 PM
    I dont think its going to be 2.1..

perhaps 2.1.1 or 2.1.2 or 2.2... 2.1 as released on the Nexus is too "old" now. Why introduce such old ****ty code to the DROID? If I was writing software id fix the bugs found in 2.1 and then release that.

Lets see how smart google and moto are.
    02-01-2010 05:32 PM
    I dont think its going to be 2.1..

perhaps 2.1.1 or 2.1.2 or 2.2... 2.1 as released on the Nexus is too "old" now. Why introduce such old ****ty code to the DROID? If I was writing software id fix the bugs found in 2.1 and then release that.

Lets see how smart google and moto are.
    What do you believe they are doing? Lol
    02-01-2010 06:10 PM
    And now the Nexus update is going to include multitouch. I hope we get it.
    02-02-2010 02:41 PM
    That annoys me. Nexus one gets multitouch update & all the rest, and we are sitting here twirling our thumbs.

Eff you, Google.
    02-02-2010 02:53 PM
    Uh..we haven't seen a 2.1 update yet. There is no reason to believe we won't see that in our update whenever it comes.

Be patient. I had to wait over a year for an update to my 6800/Mogul to even make it usable back in the day. Anyways it could be worse, we could be stuck with 1.6 like HTC users.
    02-02-2010 03:28 PM
    Uh..we haven't seen a 2.1 update yet. There is no reason to believe we won't see that in our update whenever it comes.

Be patient. I had to wait over a year for an update to my 6800/Mogul to even make it usable back in the day. Anyways it could be worse, we could be stuck with 1.6 like HTC users.
    That's true, but its still not the best thing to seemingly abandon your most popular android handset ever. Yes, the Nexus One is more powerful. Who has the most users, and will increase market share? Droid.

I know, we/I should be patient. I'm annoyed, regardless.
    02-02-2010 03:34 PM
    Patientence? Your joking right? Google abandoned other devices to push their own, plain and simple. They gave up on Droid for Nexus. Droid has been out longer, and has more units sold. There is no reason why Droid should not have 2.1 by now, there is no reason Nexus one should be getting an update to 2.1 ahead of Droid getting the orignal 2.1. The only reason is for google to push their phone over someone elses.

Which company is evil again?
    02-02-2010 03:42 PM
    The fact that this phone has gotten updated at all since launch is pretty remarkable. I guess the fact that I come from HTC Windows Mobile smartphones has given me a different perspective. I sold my Touch Pro because 10 months later it was still horribly broken software wise. HTC got it out but Sprint never released a fix (in my time with it, dunno if they did yet).

Google isn't the reason 2.1 isn't out yet for the Droid is it? I'm pretty sure its up to the carrier and phone manufacturer to get it released for the phone.

Be thankful that the Droid works so well that the update isn't really necessary today. 2.1 is coming soon enough and I'm sure we'll get all the good features in time. You guys are worse than the blackberry people crying for 5.0 to come out.
    02-02-2010 03:53 PM
    The fact that this phone has gotten updated at all since launch is pretty remarkable. I guess the fact that I come from HTC Windows Mobile smartphones has given me a different perspective. I sold my Touch Pro because 10 months later it was still horribly broken software wise. HTC got it out but Sprint never released a fix (in my time with it, dunno if they did yet).

Google isn't the reason 2.1 isn't out yet for the Droid is it? I'm pretty sure its up to the carrier and phone manufacturer to get it released for the phone.

Be thankful that the Droid works so well that the update isn't really necessary today. 2.1 is coming soon enough and I'm sure we'll get all the good features in time. You guys are worse than the blackberry people crying for 5.0 to come out.
    It is the fact that this phone seems to be pushed to the side by google as so as they drop the Nexus. Also your HTC Pro running on Winmo is your own problem...what were you thinking? Winmo...Seriously?
    02-02-2010 03:58 PM
    It is the fact that this phone seems to be pushed to the side by google as so as they drop the Nexus. Also your HTC Pro running on Winmo is your own problem...what were you thinking? Winmo...Seriously?
    Hey the 6800 (Once updated anyways) was a solid phone. It shipped as a turd in a box but they did a good job polishing it. so did the fine folks at XDA.

The TP was broken from day one and even custom roms didn't fix that. Thank god I got that POS for free, sold it and ended up profiting bigtime.

I dunno, I just don't see a cause for alarm here. Rooting is an option here if you desperately want 2.1 today. The update was promised 1st quarter of 2010. We still have 60 days before we should freak out.
    02-02-2010 04:01 PM

Haha I was on crackberry for awhile when I owned one - no, they were much worse. It doesn't look that way now, because either they have succumbed to the idea it will never come, or already running 5.0 cracks...which I had .

We are "crying" mainly because so much support was implied for this phone, and yet any of it has yet to materialize. In my opinion.
    02-02-2010 04:02 PM
    I do agree that it is pretty crappy about Google updating the N1 before they update the top selling android device on the market.

But the fine people at Google, Motorola, and Verizon have all confirmed that the Droid will get 2.1 in Q1 2010.

Verizon has too much riding on this to try to **** over several hundred thousand of its customers all at once.

And if they don't and it turns out to be false promises? Well I see a lot of Verizon customers picking up something else.
    02-02-2010 04:04 PM
    Haha I was on crackberry for awhile when I owned one - no, they were much worse. It doesn't look that way now, because either they have succumbed to the idea it will never come, or already running 5.0 cracks...which I had .

We are "crying" mainly because so much support was implied for this phone, and yet any of it has yet to materialize. In my opinion.
    Well I see complaining here for updates to a phone that right now out of the box works perfectly. Thats what I mean. At least the BB users have a reason to want an update, 4.5 was pretty rough.

Again I'll repeat it..they said 1st quarter. Its February 2nd. They have almost 60 days to make this right.
    02-02-2010 04:04 PM
    Patientence? Your joking right? Google abandoned other devices to push their own, plain and simple. They gave up on Droid for Nexus. Droid has been out longer, and has more units sold. There is no reason why Droid should not have 2.1 by now, there is no reason Nexus one should be getting an update to 2.1 ahead of Droid getting the orignal 2.1. The only reason is for google to push their phone over someone elses.

Which company is evil again?
    I don't understand how this would be surprising to anyone?!

Google is a business. A big business. They're just doing what MOST businesses would do in their current situation, which is to put your eggs in the basket that will net you the most money! That's just business!

The Protagonist's post above mine insinuates that Google is an evil company.... nah. Just put yourself in Google's shoes and you'll realize that they're just living by the same code as The Protagonist's signature...

"I'm not anti-you, I'm just pro-me!" That's just the nature of business folks.
    02-02-2010 04:11 PM
    At least the BB users have a reason to want an update, 4.5 was pretty rough.
    Haha true enough.
    02-02-2010 04:11 PM
    C'mon folks, it's their first update, no? We got ours already. Who knows what trouble they're having with the first release which requires fixing. As I've said before, patience children. Patience.
    02-02-2010 04:14 PM

Google is a business. A big business. They're just doing what MOST businesses would do in their current situation, which is to put your eggs in the basket that will net you the most money! That's just business!

The Protagonist's post above mine insinuates that Google is an evil company.... nah. Just put yourself in Google's shoes and you'll realize that they're just living by the same code as The Protagonist's signature...

Businesses usually also focus on their profit leader...the Droid, at this point. So yes, they might be trying to drive sales on the Nexus One, as that would give them the most net profit, but they can't ignore their current profit leader, either.

Anyways, I do hope it is by end of Q1. That would be nice.
    02-02-2010 04:14 PM
    Businesses usually also focus on their profit leader...the Droid, at this point. So yes, they might be trying to drive sales on the Nexus One, as that would give them the most net profit, but they can't ignore their current profit leader, either.

Anyways, I do hope it is by end of Q1. That would be nice.

Thank you for making my point for me.
    02-02-2010 04:25 PM

As you stated they are a big business, so they can probably spare a few guys to crank out 2.1 for Droid, don't you think?
    02-02-2010 04:26 PM
    Hope they release it (2.1 with pinch zoon like the Nexus gets this week).
    02-02-2010 04:43 PM
    As you stated they are a big business, so they can probably spare a few guys to crank out 2.1 for Droid, don't you think?
    Well, that certainly is the other side of the coin. I agree with you.
    02-02-2010 04:46 PM
    Hope they release it (2.1 with pinch zoon like the Nexus gets this week).
    I refuse to get hopeful, haha. I'm staying pessimistic for now.
    02-02-2010 04:47 PM
269 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD