I don't like that I just have a broad "notification tone" setting that covers both SMS and Email.

Can I set a separate tone for each of those?
    12-20-2009 09:14 PM
    There's an app called "Missed Call" that should do everything you need it to, including changing the LED colors, vibration patterns and so on.
    Good luck!
    12-20-2009 09:33 PM
    You set the default notification tone in the main phone settings. You can select individual notification tones in the email account settings or the messaging app or use the default tone.
    12-20-2009 09:34 PM
    You set the default notification tone in the main phone settings. You can select individual notification tones in the email account settings or the messaging app or use the default tone.
    Awesome, I didnt know that. Thanks much!
    12-20-2009 10:30 PM
    Handcent SMS (free app) allows you to set a custom tone, LED notification color, & notification icon on the panel for each of your contacts (that is until you run out of options that are available).
    12-21-2009 02:39 PM
    You can also make your own tones buy creating a folder on you SD card called "notifications"
    12-22-2009 12:39 PM
    Handcent SMS (free app) allows you to set a custom tone, LED notification color, & notification icon on the panel for each of your contacts (that is until you run out of options that are available).
    I have handcent SMS and I dont see how to do that! Where do I go?
    02-25-2010 04:34 PM
    I tried changing the folders around and everything else. I can't seem to get anything to work in the "notifications" folder I made. In fact if it's not in the music folder it never comes up.
    03-04-2010 01:06 AM
    Make a folder at the root level of your SD card called Media. Inside that, make folders Notifications, Alarms, Ringtones. Inside those you may place your own MP3s for custom tones.
    03-04-2010 06:49 AM
    if u did the update to 2.0.1 if u go into any of the apps that have notifications and go to settings there should be a section for notifications where u can change the sound for each app as u see fit. also... all ur ringtones should show up now in ur sounds list as well.
    03-04-2010 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD