Had a scare...

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
So I dropped my droid for the first time today. thankfully it sustained no real damage (frankly I was shocked at how durable the phone was), but it made me think that a clip on case would probably be a good idea. my question is this: which brand would you guys recommend, and will a droid in a snap on case still fit in the moto car dock? thanks in advance to all that can help

Magnious

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Seidio hands down. Just got my new case (last one had a defect). Their upgraded one is spool nice, durable yet light. Has a great feel. It will also work on seidios new dock (when it comes out) w/o removing the case. They are also working a car dock to work with the case. Their customer service is top-notch as well.

HTTP://WWW.seidioonline.com

luniboy26

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
The day I drop my droid will be a living h**l because I too dont have a case on mine I havent really searched but when I did I didnt really find any that appealed to me...

@Magnious thanks for the link

cdaiscool#AC

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I don't believe any cases work with any current docks - they were designed to work well without the extra bulk. I keep mine in my holster, and while I've dropped it a few times, I know it's generally safe. The screen is super-strong, the dang thing is metal, and I'm not butterfingers, just sleepy all the time.

gobroncos

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
So I dropped my droid for the first time today. thankfully it sustained no real damage (frankly I was shocked at how durable the phone was), but it made me think that a clip on case would probably be a good idea. my question is this: which brand would you guys recommend, and will a droid in a snap on case still fit in the moto car dock? thanks in advance to all that can help

BEWARE!! Be very careful I dropped my phone and it broke my screen. I suggest you check the screen. Try to slide it up and see if it's loose. If you drop it, it can break something inside their and it doesn't click and lock at the bottom. It would slide open in my pocket. I called VZW and they sent me a new one within my 30 days

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I love the Innocase. It's thin, seems very durable, and isn't sticky like a silicone gel case. I bought a Verizon side case and after a couple of days the case has loosened to the point that the Droid with the Innocase slides in and out quite nicely.

$30 for an Innocase is money well spent, IMO.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
BEWARE!! Be very careful I dropped my phone and it broke my screen. I suggest you check the screen. Try to slide it up and see if it's loose. If you drop it, it can break something inside their and it doesn't click and lock at the bottom. It would slide open in my pocket. I called VZW and they sent me a new one within my 30 days

trust me, i was incredibly through checking it out, and it survived the fall very well. screen locks into place open and closed, and no damage to the glass itself.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Honestly, this is some of the toughest glass I have ever seen on a phone. One of my friends just got a Droid last week (after some encouragement from me hehe) and two days after he got the phone, a hammer fell on it while him and I were doing some work in his garage. Not a single scratch :D

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I bought the case/clip combo Verizon sells and so far I like it a lot. It took a little bit to get used to because I never used a belt clip before and am accustomed to keeping my phone in my pocket, but it looks good and seems pretty durable.

I've dropped my phone a couple of times and there is no damage.

Also, the screen on the Droid is made out of Gorilla Glass so it's pretty scratch resistant. Anyone out there thinking about getting a screen protector shouldn't waste their money.

mjesenovec

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
My brother has the ribbed verizon case/clip and other than some very minor fitment issues, he loves it. There is one corner on his that doesn't fit 100% right, but it's not noticeable unless you're looking for it. it hasn't fallen off or cause any issues.

I'm going to be getting my Droid in February, and i already plan on getting the Innocase from Seidio. I've had 3 Seidio cases so far (Storm1, 8330, and now my Tour) and they are hands down the best phone cases i have ever used. $30 for each piece is a little steep for a case, but it's totally worth it. i've been getting my last couple case/clip combos on ebay for roughly $40.

spmmn

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I liked the feel of the body glove my friend got for his Droid but not how it pushed up the slider on one side. Also the screen faces out when on your belt.

I might mention otterbox and whenever they come out with a case it should be top notch. I have 3 for other phones and they are all great.