Anyway to separate email notifications from regular notifications?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I want to have my emails muted/vibrated, but the regular notification sounds such as for my ebay/woot apps to sound.

If I put the phone into mute/vibrate for emails, I dont get my ebay/woot sounds..

I've searched all over "Sounds & Display" but seems moot..anyone else find this frustrating?

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Just got mine yesterday, but like you, sorta, am looking for ways to change sounds for the various things. I had total control of that in my Palm Centro...the Droid seems to be more all or nothing. But I'm still looking.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Each app can use either the default sound that is set under the main settings or a custom sound. One of the custom sounds is silent. I know email can be setup to vibrate and I'm sure others can also. So you can setup the default sound to be anysound you want. Then go into the email app and under account settings, set the ringtone to silent and check the vibrate checkbox.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
oh whoa, i didnt know that. So if in the email app I tell it to be silent but vibrate, then turn up the volume, it wont play the regular notification sounds??? AWESOME.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
you are correct. Or ifyou want one app to play different notification sounds then your other apps, you can do that also. There is a lot under the hood if you know where to look.

Fred#AC

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
How can I stop the Droid from vibrating every time I get an email?

I want the Droid to make a sound when I get a new email but not vibrate, can I turn that off?

pops.comp

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I want the Droid to make a sound when I get a new email but not vibrate, can I turn that off?

Go into the Gmail app, press the menu button, go to settings, then at the bottom there is "Vibrate for Notification" make sure thats unchecked

ladydi617

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyway to separate email notifications from regular notificat

Hi I am new to the forum and also new to my android phone. I have had it a week and am still learing how to work it. My question is how can I get separate notification ring tones for my voicemail and text message? My dinasour phone let me use two different ring tones for each so I was sure I could do it on my android but have tried and tried and cant seem to do it. are we able to use two separate notification ring tones one for voice and another for text messages?

I did figure out how to shut off my email notification cause I kept thinking I had a text message since same ringtone...thank you
as said I am such a newbie to the phone and all
:cool:

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyway to separate email notifications from regular notificat

A useful app for this is Light Flow. You use a different ring tone for each email account and a different tone for text messages. The trick it pick distinctive sounds so you can hear and go "Oh yeah text or calendar alarm."
I kinda like the robot alarms that say "you have email, or incoming message."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance