I just got a Droid yesterday, and upon trying to voice dial with my bluetooth, I could not get it to do it. Is this an issue with Droid, or am I doing something wrong? If this is an unfixable issue, then back to BB I go, as I drive a lot, and need my bluetooth dialing.
    12-23-2009 08:15 PM
    Droid doesn't do bluetooth voice dialing. You have to use the voice dialing function on the phone itself.
    12-23-2009 08:23 PM
    It is absolutely amazing to me that in this day and time of changing driving laws, that Motorola would even consider putting a new phone on the market without this capability. An absolute goof-up on their part! Any word of maybe a software update to fix it?
    12-23-2009 08:53 PM
    From what I've been reading these last few days (as I'm considering a Droid myself), is that it's an Android problem. People have been complaining to Google about it for a year with apparently no action.

Issue 1181 - android - [VoiceDial] Voice confirmation for Voice Dialer - Project Hosting on Google Code
    12-23-2009 09:09 PM
    It is absolutely amazing to me that in this day and time of changing driving laws, that Motorola would even consider putting a new phone on the market without this capability. An absolute goof-up on their part! Any word of maybe a software update to fix it?
    This isn't an issue with Motorola, it's a limitation of the Android OS. I'm crossing my fingers that Android 2.1 will include BT Voice Dialing.
    12-23-2009 09:14 PM
    People are quick to blame Motorola for this problem, all, if not, most Moto phones have BT voicedial ability. As mentioned, it is a Google problem.

For now, I am getting by with the carmount and some direct dial shortcuts on my homescreen, and voicedial on the Droid. The carmount makes it perfectly legal in my handsfree state to use the phone while driving.
    12-23-2009 10:04 PM
    I have a question about Bluetooth dialing. When I first read that this wasn't available on the droid, I was disappointed because I thought I wouldn't be able to use this feature in my car. I have an Acura with bluetooth factory installed, but when I have my droid paired, I can have it dial any number I want through bluetooth. What isn't available on the droid as far as bluetooth dialing?
    12-24-2009 12:37 AM
    BT dialing from a headset or BT speaker. It works from your car system because your contacts are transfererred to your car's system memory, which the headsets and speakers don't have.
    12-24-2009 12:44 AM
    Its a feature not implemented in the os yet.There are third party solutions available through the market place.Google is hopefully implementing it with 2.1. The google developers website has it as a high priority.

You should star it if you have not yet.
    Issues - android - Project Hosting on Google Code

voice dial | All | By date, Androlib, Android Applications and Games
    12-24-2009 01:08 AM
    So, are there any portable (in-car) bluetooth units that will hold contacts like some of the built-in units people are discussing in this thread?
    03-16-2010 06:14 PM
    I had read somewhere that the BT voice dial will not be part of the up and comming update. From what I recall, is the Moto and Nuance have not reached an agreement for the feature to be added to the Droid. Bummer. All my other VZW phones had it. However, since my Droid is a finger tip away while I am driving when it is my car dock. The Voice Search button is large and easy to hit. I speak, for examle, Call...Ron Mobile... and it dials.
    03-16-2010 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD