02-19-2010 12:02 AM
191 ... 34567 ...
tools
    the best thing about root is that the rom cookers will have the official 2.1 images im sure with root soon enough. I'm all for official too. I love checking out leaks cause it's fun, but usually ported leaks have bugs and instability. What I've found that works best for me is to keep it rooted on 2.0.1, but apply some minor mods that only root could do, like change the stock launcher to have 5 screens and to make home screen auto-rotate. I've also pulled in some of hte system apps like the 3d gallery which is cool. It seems that these changes are mostly safe and introduce very very few bugs. So I'm waiting for when the official update/code is released and I'm fairly sure there will soon be an official 2.1 rooted image for me to use to keep going with this.
    01-08-2010 10:50 AM
    i just spoke with a good friend of mine who works for \/erizon as a tech support rep and he told me that android 2.1 is not being released until march due to some fatal flaws, i trust what he tells me, i use to work for \/erizon also so i still have many other people on the inside and as the day goes on i will contact them to credit what i am saying
    So do they know what is being pushed then?
    01-08-2010 10:55 AM
    i just spoke with a good friend of mine who works for \/erizon as a tech support rep and he told me that android 2.1 is not being released until march due to some fatal flaws, i trust what he tells me, i use to work for \/erizon also so i still have many other people on the inside and as the day goes on i will contact them to credit what i am saying
    hehe...a good friend of mine....havent we heard this before? lol @ fatal flaws.
    01-08-2010 10:56 AM
    im trying to get more info right now, i use to work for \/erizon so my sources are credible
    01-08-2010 10:59 AM
    from variuos forums I've heard that droid is slated to get a mainteance update and also 2.1. There were no clarifications as to whether this was all in one update or separate nor were there dates. If this rumor in this post is true, then what we'll probably get in january is just some kind of maintenance update....
    01-08-2010 10:59 AM
    They all have their set of issues that bugged the hell out of me. The whole deal of installing buggy software took me back to my 9530 days. I got the Droid so that I could have a bug free phone that works. Dumped the 2.1 and went back to the 2.0.1 . Now the wait begins for the official Droid 2.1.
    I decided long ago that I was not going to play the same game I did with the Storm and constantly upgrade and live with the bugs just to have the latest and greatest. I would rather have works.
    01-08-2010 12:09 PM
    i retract my prior statement...i checked with a more reliable source and nothing in \/erizons systems points to any release date for a maintenance update or 2.1, sorry for any confusion or problems i may stirred up...
    01-08-2010 12:48 PM
    i retract my prior statement...i checked with a more reliable source and nothing in \/erizons systems points to any release date for a maintenance update or 2.1, sorry for any confusion or problems i may stirred up...
    Thanks for checking. My source said it's 2.1.
    01-08-2010 12:53 PM
    Thanks for checking. My source said it's 2.1.
    its still 2.1 but theres no set date right now is what im saying
    01-08-2010 03:43 PM
    I am confused. You trust what your friend tells you, then decide you have more reliable sources?

Verizon store and tech reps know as much as we do. Probably even less.

I trust what Sanjay says, for no other reason than he is more in the know than Verizon (for obvious reasons).

I really doubt it will take long for 2.1 to be dropped in our laps. If there is an MR before that, so be it. I like bugfixes too.

01-08-2010 04:04 PM
    I am confused. You trust what your friend tells you, then decide you have more reliable sources?

Verizon store and tech reps know as much as we do. Probably even less.

I trust what Sanjay says, for no other reason than he is more in the know than Verizon (for obvious reasons).

I really doubt it will take long for 2.1 to be dropped in our laps. If there is an MR before that, so be it. I like bugfixes too.

exactly.u got that right.
    01-08-2010 04:11 PM
    I may go ahead and try it if I don't get any news by the 22nd.
    01-09-2010 01:13 PM
    actually have they fixed any bugs? is it worth it to try it now?
    01-09-2010 09:20 PM
    nothing much as of late, there is a newer build that has the milestone browser integrated into it, but it has issues with the camera.... plus it looks like alldroid was hacked today and they are down for the time being..
    01-09-2010 09:48 PM
    I would stay away from the current builds. Not stable enough.
    01-09-2010 09:57 PM
    the one i'm running seems plenty stable to me, the buggy part is the live wallpapers, when enabled, it would cause slowdowns and some FC, but with them off, the phone is rock solid and quick.
    01-09-2010 11:05 PM
    Do you still get the bug where the names dont line up with the icons in the portrait drawer? Does the landscape drawer line up now? Any lag switching between screens? Is the keyboard light finally fixed? Those are the few that bugged me the most.
    01-10-2010 12:10 AM
    Do you still get the bug where the names dont line up with the icons in the portrait drawer? Does the landscape drawer line up now? Any lag switching between screens? Is the keyboard light finally fixed? Those are the few that bugged me the most.
    I do get that with the icon not lining up. The fix I did was turn it off and wait 20 sec. if that doesn't work, repeat.

Keyboard lights up..

no lag I seen switching between screen.

Live wallpaper freezes up at times.
    01-10-2010 10:33 AM
    2.0.1 runs flawlessly. Even with 26 apps I haven't gotten a single foreclose in 2 weeks.
    01-10-2010 11:18 AM
    2.0.1? U aren't on 2.1 anymore?
    01-10-2010 12:22 PM
    2.0.1? U aren't on 2.1 anymore?
    Nope I was on it for 24 hours and went back.
    01-10-2010 12:26 PM
    ya,i think im waiting. looks like we get to tear up the cowboys next weekend. maybe ill be getting the new 2.1 at the same time.lol
    01-10-2010 04:38 PM
    ya,i think im waiting. looks like we get to tear up the cowboys next weekend. maybe ill be getting the new 2.1 at the same time.lol
    You should have a victory Sunday and an update right after.
    01-10-2010 04:40 PM
    Well I hope you two are right because I want the official 2.1 and can't stand the Cowboys
    01-10-2010 04:53 PM
    Well I hope you two are right because I want the official 2.1 and can't stand the Cowboys
    LOL. I how so too.
    01-10-2010 05:13 PM
191 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD