Sliding keyboard feel more loose as time goes on?

Jibeker

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
My slider feels like it opens much easier nowadays. Sometimes I'll pull it out of my pocket and see that it has slid open slightly.

Now, part of me feels like I'm being paranoid. Why? My girlfriend dropped my Droid the second day I had it. It landed on carpet, and only fell like 3-4 feet, so I didn't think this could have done anything.

But now I've had it a little over a week and I really think it slides open easier. Could this be because of the drop, or is this because of me opening and closing it for regular use?

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Mine started to at least seem to get a little easier to open after i pulled the protective film off the back... Did you do that? I wouldn't say it was from the drop... If it gets too crazy, you can always take it back in and complain... they might give you a new one.

I'm considering putting some sort of glue on the keyboard, closing it and sealing it off forever... but i know thats overboard :D I just NEVER use that thing! Especially after getting Swype!

Jibeker

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Mine started to at least seem to get a little easier to open after i pulled the protective film off the back... Did you do that? I wouldn't say it was from the drop... If it gets too crazy, you can always take it back in and complain... they might give you a new one.

I'm considering putting some sort of glue on the keyboard, closing it and sealing it off forever... but i know thats overboard :D I just NEVER use that thing! Especially after getting Swype!

Hold up, there's a film on the back?

Hmm... I'm almost afraid to pull this thing off.

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
Mine is of the early build phones and my screen is scaring the sh!t out of me because its so loose... Im just holding on till it becomes an issue then ill take it in for an exchange... My last droid had a MUCH tighter screen.

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Hold up, there's a film on the back?

Hmm... I'm almost afraid to pull this thing off.

Try adding some clear tape or a sticker to the back making it thicker... maybe that'll change the tightness.. :confused: ...or just take it back in and vent to verizon.

white_star_32

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Mine has gotten easier too - same thing you described. it'll be partially open when i pull it out of my pocket and such. i wouldn't be too worried tho

dontera

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I have a similar issue. Instead of the slide being loose, the Right slide (as held landscape) wobbles when pressed on while closed. When I first started using it, I noticed the screen was quite tight and did not wobble at all, but after 1 week the right slide only wobbles a noticeable amount when pressed.

Thinking this was a defective device I took it in to a store and they replaced it when shown the issue, no questions asked. Now, on my second droid 1 week later the exact same issue is occurring.

The chances of getting 2 devices in a row with the same issue are slim, so is anyone else experiencing this?

Jibeker

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a similar issue. Instead of the slide being loose, the Right slide (as held landscape) wobbles when pressed on while closed. When I first started using it, I noticed the screen was quite tight and did not wobble at all, but after 1 week the right slide only wobbles a noticeable amount when pressed.

Thinking this was a defective device I took it in to a store and they replaced it when shown the issue, no questions asked. Now, on my second droid 1 week later the exact same issue is occurring.

The chances of getting 2 devices in a row with the same issue are slim, so is anyone else experiencing this?

I have that exact same problem in the exact same spot. I stopped noticing it though because of how negligible it is.

It bugged me at first but I ended up just forgetting about it

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
I just took mine into verizon and they said my only option was to get a refurbished one..I don't know if I should just live with it or try a refurbished one.they did say that I would probably get a new one anyway because there aren't allot of refurbished ones out there.. what to do...

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I just my keyboard a lot... Its best for long story texts :) I always have my case on it and i noticed that when its off that it slides a little more freely, but nothing to worry about. I took off the film on the back and i have a android robot outline in the back..

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
My keyboard is definitely looser. But I'm not too worried about it, since that's the way things always are. Shoes get looser as you wear them. I'm just breaking it in.

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I just took mine into verizon and they said my only option was to get a refurbished one.

Can they make your only option a refurb??? That seems ridiculous! I mean you pay so much for this device brand new and its not even that old... its not like its a year or even 6 months old.