A couple of music questions

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I side-loaded some new music into my Music folder on my Droid (where all of my other music is located) and neither the stock player or Winamp can see it. I can go into Astro File and go straight to the music files and play them with either player, but when I do, they don't see any of the meta-data.

What could the problem be?

Second, I would like to buy some music from Amazon mp3, but I was wondering whether doing so on my computer will allow me to fetch them for free from the app? Is there some sort of digital locker feature so I don't have to sideload them?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I side-loaded some new music into my Music folder on my Droid (where all of my other music is located) and neither the stock player or Winamp can see it. I can go into Astro File and go straight to the music files and play them with either player, but when I do, they don't see any of the meta-data.

What could the problem be?

Second, I would like to buy some music from Amazon mp3, but I was wondering whether doing so on my computer will allow me to fetch them for free from the app? Is there some sort of digital locker feature so I don't have to sideload them?

Have you tried restarting the phone?

and i have never used amazon to purchase music, but you can use dropbox to retrieve the data you store from the computer

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I have restarted a couple of times, but no good!

That is a very good idea about the Dropbox, I never thought of that!

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure how or why it worked, but before trying PowerAmp, that gave me the idea of using Winamp Desktop (using wireless sync) to add my music rather than just side-loading it. I just dragged and dropped it into the Droid and it did the rest, and while it added the exact same tracks into the exact same Music folder, for some reason these had the meta data and the players were able to see the music.

And this also solved my Amazon issue. While I think that I should be able to just go to the Amazon mp3 app and redownload from there (since it should be able to see I already bought the music), they won't do that. So, I added it to Winamp Desktop and then dragged and dropped it via wireless sync.