Seidio Case for Droid scratching phone?

ridavid81

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone noticed the top portion of the Seidio Surface case for the droid is starting to leave a scratch mark on the chin area of the phone from sliding it open and closed? Seems like the lower clips are causing this.

I ordered this case the day it was available on their site. Do you think they have modified it since to fit better?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
One of the main reasons I avoid cases like this. Seidio and scratching devices goes all the way back to the Palm Treo 650. Some things never change I guess. I checked this case out in hopes it would be of much better build but once I saw it I knew to avoid it. I'd never attach a piece of plastic to any of my phones. You are bound to scratch your device up. I always go for a nice pouch case or sleeve.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I just got mine last week, and I'm not seeing anything like that at all. The only surprise is that it's not a rubbery style case like I expected (and prev. Innocases have been). I do like it. And frankly, if it scratches the unit along the left side of the keyboard, does anyone care?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I just got mine last week, and I'm not seeing anything like that at all. The only surprise is that it's not a rubbery style case like I expected (and prev. Innocases have been). I do like it. And frankly, if it scratches the unit along the left side of the keyboard, does anyone care?

A case should not scratch the device, no matter where, it is supposed to protect. Maybe I'm crazy? :confused:

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
We're sure you are! But that doesn't make you wrong...! I guess for me it just doesn't matter when it's on the keyboard that's tucked away most of the time. I want mine to be protected from drops, mostly. Maybe I'm crazy, too. Oh, wait, yep. For sure.

purwater

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I wish someone would release a case that covered the entire phone so that the slider wouldn't be visible or open. That way I'd get great protection with a seamless look. At this point I never slide the phone open so it would work out great.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I wish someone would release a case that covered the entire phone so that the slider wouldn't be visible or open. That way I'd get great protection with a seamless look. At this point I never slide the phone open so it would work out great.
Agreed, I would buy a case like this!

ridavid81

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
they were nice enough to send me a replacement. we'll see if this is any better. i removed it for now and will just use it without a case for a week.

bojowaggie

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the Otter Box, it fits like a glove..
I like how it has rubber buttons on it, it even has a rubber inner case to help against shocks..
This is the best hard case by far IMO...

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
It happens to everyone who slides the keyboard often enough, mine did it too and I removed it, case-less now. I don't care that it scratched it, I just wanted it to be without a case. Those sena slim leather cases look real nice, though.