E-mails

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Noob here. How can I get all e-mails to show at the same time? Now, I have to click on different e-mail accounts to view them.

mjones73

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you can't. Only thing I can think of is set them all to forward to your gmail account and/or have gmail poll your other addresses so they all show up ultimately in gmail.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't think you can get your gmail account to show with all your other accounts. Butif you have several exhange and imap accounts, you can get them to show in the same window. When you open the email app, there is a combined inbox selection at the very top. It looks like a header for all your email accounts. Select this and it should show you everything in all your inboxes.

scbower

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
If you notice above your email accounts, there is a combined account option, click on that and you will see all your email together. They will be color coded by account (thin color line on left side). It is my understanding that if you want your gmail in with the combined accounts then you have to manually add it like a pop account. I have 3 pop accounts that I view this way.

Like jones said, you could have them forwarded to your gmail account. I have one pop account that does that but it seems like gmail doesn't check it very often.

Hope that helps
Chuck

mjones73

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Like jones said, you could have them forwarded to your gmail account. I have one pop account that does that but it seems like gmail doesn't check it very often.

Gmail will only poll low volume pop accounts hourly, the better option is to see if the provider of the pop account has the ability to automatically forward e-mail and have them sent to your gmail account.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Stupid question, since I've never pushed emails...how DO you forward your email to the gmail account? I've dinked around the account settings and don't see anything there? I use Outlook Express still. I don't want to push all the time, but to easily do it when I want to gives me the flexibility.

mjones73

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
It's something you'd need to set on your ISP's side unless you have a mail client you leave up all the time that can do forwarding via a rule.

Here's a guide for Outlook Express - Create Outlook Express message rules

You could turn the rule on and off as needed.

On the ISP side, check their webmail client or support page to see if you have the option.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. I did figure a rule would work well, and even leave out the usual spam stuff since I can set it to only forward those in my address book. I'll check the link. Thanks, again. Thought maybe I was missing something.