Who would purchase a case that surrounded the droid at the expense of the keyboard?

that1bb

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Who would buy an OtterBox style case if it ment you could not use the physical keyboard? I would love to see a company create one. I personally would like to see one from Seidio, as they have docks and mounts for use while in the case.
Motorola has done a tremendous job keeping this phone so thin even with the keyboard, I just never use it, and would love to see a more sturdy case.

rustyjar79

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If Otterbox made one I would buy it without hesitation, the slideout keyboard is too awkward for me anyways, coming from an iPhone, the virtual keyboard suits me just fine.

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
why spend the extra money to buy the Droid over the eris if you're not going to use the keyboard? I love the slideout. Especially for gensoid and snesoid use.

Ignitros

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
last week I would have said hell no
..then I got swipe..I would totally buy one..however, don't you need the keyboard to do some things?

I'm the same way. I installed swype and I can type twice as fast now so I'll never use the physical keyboard for anything except maybe web browsing if that.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
While I don't use the physical keyboard, I wouldn't want a full case because I use the Droid car mount. It is easy to pull the hard rubber case I bought from Verizon off the back half of the Droid to mount in the car dock.

john galt

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
To answer your question... yes. I'd buy one. I NEVER use the slide out keyboard.

However, a more important issue for me is: how incredibly clumsy, awkward and ugly will my Droid be with an extended battery and a case that covers is all up? That's gonna be a frickin' brick.

R

Roy Aguilera

While I don't use the physical keyboard, I wouldn't want a full case because I use the Droid car mount. It is easy to pull the hard rubber case I bought from Verizon off the back half of the Droid to mount in the car dock.

Great point. I forgot about that.

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

Good point... does anyone know if they have one or will have one that fits a case?