01-04-2010 12:05 PM
60 123
tools
    Darn....I could have used one.
    01-02-2010 12:30 PM
    Any way I could talk someone into sharing one? Im going to call verizon today and see if they can backorder them.. I have lost and managed to recover my door three times! lol
    PM me your address and I'll drop one in the mail when I get one.
    01-02-2010 01:37 PM
    Hopefully they will get more in stock!
    01-02-2010 01:53 PM
    Anyone willing to share one? Out of stock makes me saaaad.
    01-02-2010 01:55 PM
    Anyone willing to share one? Out of stock makes me saaaad.
    Out of stock wouldn't bother me at all if they allow them to be backordered. It's extremely annoying to have to keep checking to see when they are in stock just to place an order.
    01-02-2010 03:32 PM
    Why were people ordering multiples? Unless you had multiple droids each with bad doors, I cannot understand why you'd do that. That just makes it so people who needed them can't get them now.

They were nice enough to have them available for free, and of course humans greedy as they are take more than they need, albeit at the expense of others.

My favorite so far:

Maybe it's because of the problems some people had with their doors coming loose. If it is it's great that they're giving it away for free. I haven't had any problems but I got 3 anyway.
    01-02-2010 03:37 PM
    Wow! Way cool that the Android Central crowd is sharring the wealth! It's so zen here
    01-02-2010 03:58 PM
    Why were people ordering multiples? Unless you had multiple droids each with bad doors, I cannot understand why you'd do that. That just makes it so people who needed them can't get them now.

They were nice enough to have them available for free, and of course humans greedy as they are take more than they need, albeit at the expense of others.

My favorite so far:
    Completely agree. I really need one and now they are sold out with no information about when they will have more to order, if they will at all. It's pretty frustrating to read all of these posts and see just how greedy and selfish people can be.
    01-02-2010 03:59 PM
    Well in all fairness, Verizon was offering these in quantities of 3, so I think calling people selfish and greedy is a bit extreme. And based on all the problems being reported with the covers falling off, having more than one spare lying around makes sense.

If you really feel left out and jipped out of getting one because people ordered more than one, send me a PM and I will send the first person to PM me one of the spares that I ordered once it arrives.
    01-02-2010 04:06 PM
    Well in all fairness, Verizon was offering these in quantities of 3, so I think calling people selfish and greedy is a bit extreme. And based on all the problems being reported with the covers falling off, having more than one spare lying around makes sense.

If you really feel left out and jipped out of getting one because people ordered more than one, send me a PM and I will send the first person to PM me one of the spares that I ordered once it arrives.
    I appreciate the offer and it's probably more Verizon's responsibility to make sure they have a sufficient number in stock for this problem. I would PM you, but I'm apparently too new of a member to do so.

Thanks though.
    01-02-2010 04:10 PM
    I think people forget that this was on many forums. Therefore the running out part is no members fault.
    01-02-2010 04:52 PM
    Ali wins
    01-02-2010 04:54 PM
    LOL out of stock....at least some of u got three of them. Good for u.
    01-02-2010 08:46 PM
    LOL out of stock....at least some of u got three of them. Good for u.
    If the vikings win the super bowl, I will mail you one.
    01-02-2010 11:50 PM
    Thanks greedies
    01-03-2010 12:15 PM
    can we get these in store? or just online?
    01-03-2010 01:30 PM
    can we get these in store? or just online?
    I might be going past a Verizon store today & will find out.
    01-03-2010 01:46 PM
    If the vikings win the super bowl, I will mail you one.
    lol, deal. i havent had any probs w my door. but thanks.
    01-03-2010 01:57 PM
    I might be going past a Verizon store today & will find out.
    That would be great. Keep us posted.

You can't fault someone for taking a free replacement offered by a company. I would have taken three. I have already had to replace one when it fell off at a basketball game. I might have to use a little electrical tape to keep it from moving. It reminds me of my old Blackberry Tour. That battery door was garbage.
    01-03-2010 02:15 PM
    That would be great. Keep us posted.

You can't fault someone for taking a free replacement offered by a company. I would have taken three. I have already had to replace one when it fell off at a basketball game. I might have to use a little electrical tape to keep it from moving. It reminds me of my old Blackberry Tour. That battery door was garbage.
    If you want to PM me your address I'll send one your way when I get mine.
    01-03-2010 04:24 PM
    Can someone send me one? I am on my second and to fix it I had to bend it and now it is a bit hard to get off and on and it is a bit bent.
    01-03-2010 04:28 PM
    If you want to PM me your address I'll send one your way when I get mine.
    Thanks for the offer but I think I am going to test my electrical tape idea, lol.

Seriously though, thanks.
    01-03-2010 04:30 PM
    wow out of stock.. will be keeping an eye on the page to get them.
    01-03-2010 04:40 PM
    I must be the minority but I haven't had any problems with my battery door!

I read another thread about a lot of people having loose battery door and it not staying on well. Sorry I can't relate because since day 1 mine has held on very well.
    01-04-2010 01:25 AM
    My son lost the battery door off his Droid while at Disney World. He got home yesterday, and we went to a Verizon store and they replaced it for a small cost. Wasn't until last night that I saw the free offer. Unfortunately, they were out of stock by the time I checked it out.
    01-04-2010 07:55 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD