01-04-2010 12:05 PM
60 123
tools
    Thanks for the offer but I think I am going to test my electrical tape idea, lol.

Seriously though, thanks.
    I had the same idea for my son's Droid. Currently he has opted to put a case on it.
    01-04-2010 07:57 AM
    Man I do not want to put a case on my phone to fix something the screwed up on.
    But I was late on the free ones.
    01-04-2010 10:03 AM
    I was to late as well, but will be checking daily for them to show up.
    01-04-2010 10:04 AM
    I was to late as well, but will be checking daily for them to show up.
    Shows up as out of stock for me, and the price is listed as $4.99

Looks like it must have been a mistake?

EDIT: Sort of reminds me of the Corsair Flash Voyager series of thumb drives. Caps got lost so frequently that if you contact tech support about a missing cap, they mail you an envelope full of them. Last time I lost a cap they sent me 9 of them.
    01-04-2010 10:08 AM
    So.. looks like I missed the boat with 8notime.... If anyone wants to send me one, I would be willing to reimburse you for shipping.. I guess, send me a PM if you want.. I would also send one back to whoever fronts me one once these come back into stock and I get my mits on them... Let me know! Either way... I think I could probably badger a Verizon store into giving or selling me one.. lol
    Just talked to Vzw... They said that they have no idea if or when they would come back in stock and cannot take any back orders at this time. They suggested that I call Motorolla...
    01-04-2010 10:43 AM
    I just looked on the site again, i had ordered 2 and my order still has not been processed. The price of the doors is now $5 a piece, could this really have been a mistake made by vzw? has anyone elses order been processed yet?
    01-04-2010 11:18 AM
    I called Motorola and they are sending me one free door... They tried to tell me that there was no known issue with these.. lol I laughed at him.. Took a little persuading, but its on its way...
    01-04-2010 11:26 AM
    My wife's droid had a loose battery cover, mine doesn't. I compared them VERY carefully and her battery is SLIGHTLY thinner than mine. This is what made the battery cover loose.

I put two pieces of electrical tape over the bit of material in the middle of her battery cover. This seemed to cover for the battery thickness, and the door now stays on just fine. And since this is inside the battery compartment, once the door was back on you can't tell I did anything.

I tried three, it did fit, but the battery door stood out a bit. With two pieces of tape, the door cover on hers looked just like the door cover on mine. With three, I was afraid we'd leave an edge out that could catch on things, like the fabric in her pants pocket.
    01-04-2010 11:46 AM
    Well thank you to all the hogs that had to order them all (like 3 for one phone) , now for those that need one there are none available, and it says it gonna cost 4.99.
    01-04-2010 11:57 AM
    The battery covers are no longer free, they are 4.99 each. In fact it was probably a glitch in Verizon's system that caused them to show up free in the first place.

As for anyone wondering whether Verizon actually shipped these orders, I can confirm that mine was sent today and scheduled for overnight delivery tomorrow.

evanthx: great tip on how to help with the battery door issue - I will copy it to a thread specifically about this problem.

This thread has nowhere left to go & is now closed.

Cory
    01-04-2010 12:05 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD