No Lock?

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way to prevent the Droid from locking itself?
Also, what is the procedure for hanging up a call? My call screen flashes up and goes out very quickly, and I can't find an easy way to end a call.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The latest alpha2 version of myLock for Android allows you to bypass the slider lock screen entirely so that only a press on the mute/power key is required to "unlock" your phone.

myLock for android

I use an app called "Gentle Alarm" which is an alarm clock app. Allows you to bypass the slide-lock screen, which I like.

This is great news. I'll give both apps a shot.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The latest alpha2 version of myLock for Android allows you to bypass the slider lock screen entirely so that only a press on the mute/power key is required to "unlock" your phone.

myLock for android

The latest version seems to work as advertised (thank you), but it places an icon in the notifications panel. The developer talks about this as being a feature, but I'd rather it wasn't there.

mjones73

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
When you take the phone away from your head it should turn the current call screen back on so you can hit End Call. If you're not seeing that, try swiping your hand over the top of the phone where the earpiece is to trigger the proximity sensor. If it's happening on a regular basis, you may have a defective phone which you may want to consider exchanging...

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the link to myLock, great app!

To anyone installing....

Note: first go to settings / applications / check "unknown sources" to allow installation of apps from places other than market

Also note: if you use Taskiller, be sure to include myLock in the ignore list.

if this confuses you plst a question here and we'll help

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
The latest version seems to work as advertised (thank you), but it places an icon in the notifications panel. The developer talks about this as being a feature, but I'd rather it wasn't there.

I already have a permanent icon in the notification bar from screebl, so it doesn't bother me. Besides, that little android is kinda cute. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool