android 2.1 options without rooting

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if this only for droid phones or all android because I have only tried it on my droid so if this in the wrong forum I do apologize but I just had to show you all.

So I was on droidforums and I came across this in the hacks section. Its a launcher that basically gives you the 5 screens annd also the android 2.1 drawer. Nnot sure exactly what's else from 2.1 it gives but I thinnk so far its pretty sweet. Itss fast too. Here is the link and if you wannt a direct zip file to download from your phone, its in the 1st post on the 2nd page

Here's the link:
2.1 Launcher2.apk now for 2.0.1!! (2.1 app drawer and 5 screens) - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I would completely agree with you if this involved rooting your phone because that's why I haven't upgraded to 2.1 yet but this is just a launcher. from what I can see there is no harm that can be done to your droid by this launcher. I mean it count hurt to try it out to at least see what you look forward to when 2.1 comes out.

woahboi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have been using this launcher all day and must say I like it much more than the stock home screen. A definite must try for anyone who wants a small preview of what's to come in 2.1. Oh...kinda off topic but I noticed that since installing when you longpress the home screen and choose wallpaper it has two options. Wallpaper gallery and wallpapers. Was that always there?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
ya you just uninstall it in the apps section.

i uninstalled it because it lagged a little bit plus it is nice having more screens but I didn't need all 5. but the lag wasnt horrible it was mainly because I really only need 4 screens max. overall it was pretty interesting as a whole

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
The update sheet that was leaked a while back had january 22nd for some of the updates. Don't think anyone is 100% sure that update will be 2.1

R

Roy Aguilera

The update sheet that was leaked a while back had january 22nd for some of the updates. Don't think anyone is 100% sure that update will be 2.1

That is what I'm thinking too. However if the Eris is getting 2.1 in the
1st 1/4th of the year. The Droid should too.