Cannot connect to WiFi?

TYL3R T

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm having some trouble with my Moto Droid this morning.
I have not rooted my phone and I am on the most current 2.2.1 update.
I can turn on my WiFi it will scan and find my home network. After I have put in the correct WEP key the phone connects and attempts to obtain an IP address from my network. Then the phone automatically turns off WiFi, so I click the box to turn it back on and it goes into this loop of Scanning... Connecting... Disconnected...
Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
I've turned the phone off and back on, I've pulled the battery, nothing has seemed to help
Thanks in advance for any advice!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm having some trouble with my Moto Droid this morning.
I have not rooted my phone and I am on the most current 2.2.1 update.
I can turn on my WiFi it will scan and find my home network. After I have put in the correct WEP key the phone connects and attempts to obtain an IP address from my network. Then the phone automatically turns off WiFi, so I click the box to turn it back on and it goes into this loop of Scanning... Connecting... Disconnected...
Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
I've turned the phone off and back on, I've pulled the battery, nothing has seemed to help
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Good morning and happy holidays, may i ask, does the Wifi disconnect during an event like it falls asleep?

lets try this Settings>Wireless & Network> Wifi Settings... in this screen click the menu key at the bottom, select advanced ,, select sleep policy , then select never.

Reactions: TYL3R T

TYL3R T

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
I made the adjustment to the settings and sadly the same result. It almost seems as if when the phone gains the IP address it shuts off the wifi

TYL3R T

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
I have reset everything, it really seems like an issue with the phone itself for some reason. It is as if the phone cannot maintain a wifi signal.
The status under the check box for wifi goes from connected to disconnected very quickly over and over

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have reset everything, it really seems like an issue with the phone itself for some reason. It is as if the phone cannot maintain a wifi signal.
The status under the check box for wifi goes from connected to disconnected very quickly over and over

ok try turning wifi on from inside the wireless networks settings menu, not from a widget.....also during the cycling of it turning on and off hit the check button. This seems to be a common problem from Moto. if its a new phone you may want to return in and exchange it for a new one.

jkfsr

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
That's what mine did when I had the wrong wep key. Thought I had it right but one letter was off. Had to cancel that connection and start over.

STEVEAP

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Had problem connecting my Droid Razr Maxx to my router at home (Netgear wndr 3300) but it connect almost everwhere else. After much help, and great service from Verizon and Motorola, including a next day replacement from Motorola, I found the problem was probably a conflict with the IP addresses i was using on the router. There is a conflice with base address 192.168.20.1 if it is used. You get connected, get an IP address but do not get any data. Changed to 192.168.0.1, and it worked fine. Have 192.168.16.1 at office it also works fine. Seem sot be conflict with LTE IF address. Love the Droid Razr Maxx. wonderful battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary