Droid become nonresponsive, will not boot

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
For the second day in a row, my droid will all of a sudden not be powered and will not boot up when I press the power button. On both days, for no good reason, when I try to wake the phone nothing happens. Even press and holding the power button does nothing. The only thing I could do to fix this is to remove the battery, reinstall, and then press the power button to reboot. This is really a pain because taking off the hard case is not the easiest thing to do.

Has anyone else had this issue? I've heard of phone randomly rebooting but this is different were the phone just powers down and will not power up. Both times the phone had plenty of battery life and it was just sitting there.

If it happens again I guess I'll have to bring it to Verizon but I don't know what they will do.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Other than this thread, I don't recall any complaints about this.

When troubleshooting issues like this, the first question that always pops into my mind, is what 3rd party apps do you have installed?

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
Worst part about that is that Verizon will have to re-create the problem... best thing you can do is call tech support and have them trouble shoot your phone... that way its on record that your having the issues.... Its much easier to get a replacement if you do that first...

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
When troubleshooting issues like this, the first question that always pops into my mind, is what 3rd party apps do you have installed?

That was my first thought too but I have not added or subtracted any new apps since this happened and I can't think of any updates either. I guess I can start removing one at a time from the top of the downloads list in the market and see it that works.

RedEyeDroid

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
For the second day in a row, my droid will all of a sudden not be powered and will not boot up when I press the power button. On both days, for no good reason, when I try to wake the phone nothing happens. Even press and holding the power button does nothing. The only thing I could do to fix this is to remove the battery, reinstall, and then press the power button to reboot. This is really a pain because taking off the hard case is not the easiest thing to do.

Has anyone else had this issue? I've heard of phone randomly rebooting but this is different were the phone just powers down and will not power up. Both times the phone had plenty of battery life and it was just sitting there.

If it happens again I guess I'll have to bring it to Verizon but I don't know what they will do.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Well, it is a new year. Could it be a software issue related to the rollover into 2010? My Droid was acting strangely at bootup this morning with a "January 4, 2010" message stuck on the notification line at the top of the screen. Previous boots never took so long and the screen and hard buttons were unresponsive to touches/pushes. It "un-froze" after awhile but then initially seemed more sluggish than usual. Seems to be working okay now. Beats me.

gt3dan

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
just so everyone knows when you go into verizon now with any "smart phone" that is not at factory settings and has a problem they will reset it before anyone will replace your phone. this is done for 2 reasons. 1. because so many people are downloading so many apps that can do so many things to your phone. 2. because so many people are "hacking" their phones i.e. custom ROMs, rooting etc.... hope this helps anyone not get disappointed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci