Problems migrating with My Backup Pro

Mirpurlady

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I have been trying to use My Backup Pro to migrate data from my old Samsung to my new Motorola. I select the old one to "migrate from" and the new one to "migrate to." But they both have messages that twirl around and say they are waiting for the other phone to respond. How can I get them to migrate???

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have been trying to use My Backup Pro to migrate data from my old Samsung to my new Motorola. I select the old one to "migrate from" and the new one to "migrate to." But they both have messages that twirl around and say they are waiting for the other phone to respond. How can I get them to migrate???

Welcome to Android Central!

What kind of data are you trying to move over to the new phone? Text messages and call log?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
To use the migrate feature the phones have to be able to communicate via WiFi. The error messages are telling you that's not happening. Do the phones work normally on your WiFi network - websurfing, email, etc?

If you have a computer it might be simpler to use it and skip migrating over WiFi. You can have MyBackup create a backup file, transfer that from the old phone to the computer, then transfer it to the new phone and restore.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21