Post All Droid 2.1 Update Rumors, News, and Updates HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roy Aguilera

It will not take devs too long to make a custom, rooted 2.1 ROM with all the goodies. You just have to give them a day or 2.

A855

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm debating on whether I should uninstall the rom I just put on here and wait to see what happens with this update or if I should go back to stock now and wait for the update...

I would go stock OS and wait till this monday or so and if nothing root!;)

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
there's no need to wait for anything. root it up if you want. if you start getting announcements that other's are getting the update and you can't wait any longer, you can go back to stock and still be able to update. it's guaranteed that the ota update will be available for download as soon as some users start receiving it, so you don't have to worry about "missing" the update from verizon. Also, i believe it will update to 2.1 at anytime if you go back to stock 2.0.1 cause it will realize you're not up to date.

R

Roy Aguilera

there's no need to wait for anything. root it up if you want. if you start getting announcements that other's are getting the update and you can't wait any longer, you can go back to stock and still be able to update. it's guaranteed that the ota update will be available for download as soon as some users start receiving it, so you don't have to worry about "missing" the update from verizon. Also, i believe it will update to 2.1 at anytime if you go back to stock 2.0.1 cause it will realize you're not up to date.

If not the update zip will also be around.

kinglord

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Verizon OTA Updates

Just like Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny, Does Verizon push the OTA update in the middle of the night to keep its secrecy and keep us all excited about the goodies to come?

;)

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
2.0.1 was pushed to me around 12:30 am EST. I think the majority also received their updates around them. So it appears that they do but well see soon enough,

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
here is something to play with until we see the updates roll out, the 2.1 Launcher for the Droid has gotten a upgrade.

Go to AllDroid - View topic - [release]Launcher2 Ported to 2.0.1, v1.1b *UPD 2/08/10*
and you can choose between two new versions. they both work very well. They never force close and they have a couple more secrets in them that make them extra great. ie. (dedicated phone, apps(two different kinds), and browser icons) just like the HTC hero or Eris. and open folders are larger with slightly smaller icons so you can view more. 3D app launcher is very smooth. their may be more additions, but not that i have noticed. a better version is planned to fix the last remaining bugs and shrink size down.

ValleyForge

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Alas, all these 2.1 rumors
Have put me in terrible humors.
So update my Droid!
I'm freaking annoyed!
And close to start fouling my bloomers.

Status
Not open for further replies.