Post All Droid 2.1 Update Rumors, News, and Updates HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawa6969

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Somewhere else, someone posted that they were uninstalling all their non-stock apps until after the update. For compatibility purposes. Is that really necessary? Are a lot of non-stock apps going to break after Thursday?

G

GenericMessage

Who knows, maybe it'll include some goodies that they didn't list!

I mean, I remember folks here swearing up and down that the update wouldn't come in Q1 and that update wouldn't have LWP. And look; IT HAS! =D

Lets wait and see whats REALLY in this update! 14 more hours for myself.

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I went back to stock for this. I don't have the time/energy to explore roms beyond DroidMod, I just need a phone that works perfectly so with this having everything I'll need (minus WiFi tether) I'll be set. It sounds like this 2.1 will be pretty good, I'm excited.

Maybe I'll just buy Tether once its officially out on Android, I signed up for the beta last night in any event.

I'm pretty sure I won't be among the first to get it, did they say anything besides the 250K groups? How long will it be between groups?

mscalero

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Battery Life?

I notice the postings about the 2.1 update did not include Improvements in Battery life?

Originally when I saw postings about the 2.1 update, improved battery life was one of the top 6 things it was slated to do, did they pull this, or maybe not include it since live wallpapers may counter act the improved battery life?

M

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Since I need root access (for WiFi Tether), I'll wait for a while before upgrading to 2.1.

I'm using the DroidMod 1.0 ROM plus the HelixLauncher home screen and SetCPU, so I'm pretty satisfied for now. I wont mind the speed increases and potential battery improvements the 2.1 kernel will bring, but I very much want to keep my WiFi Tether and root access.

Hopefully there will be a new DroidMod ROM with the 2.1 update built in to it. That would be perfect!

DaveTheRealtor

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Rapture! This maybe enough to keep me from shelling out a ton of money to get a Nexus One.

Battery life has been great for me, on the days (1 or 2 a month) that I use it more than usual, I have a charger at work, charger at home, and a ICC. I'm pretty well covered. Although getting a little more out of it would never hurt. Any word on Seido's slim line?

G

GenericMessage

I notice the postings about the 2.1 update did not include Improvements in Battery life?

Originally when I saw postings about the 2.1 update, improved battery life was one of the top 6 things it was slated to do, did they pull this, or maybe not include it since live wallpapers may counter act the improved battery life?

M

It probably does. It more than likely has lots of minor fixes and such that are too numerous to list on that PDF or they just don't feel the need to mention those until it hits.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
After I get the 2.1 update, can I easily install the CyanogenMod 5.0.4.2? I am new to this, but does that mean I won't have to root to get it?

G

GenericMessage

After I get the 2.1 update, can I easily install the CyanogenMod 5.0.4.2?

Someone will have to hack the 2.1 for the Droid.

Unless this has already been accomplished?

Different kernels tho!?

R

Roy Aguilera

Either way DroidWeasel was right Thursday midnight is really Friday already. :D

R

Roy Aguilera

Really? That would be a first. This is normally done at night.
So 9AM tomorrow it is.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
After I get the 2.1 update, can I easily install the CyanogenMod 5.0.4.2? I am new to this, but does that mean I won't have to root to get it?

Or you can do what I did, and upgrade to whatever ROM you want now, and wait for the devs to crack the new release and incorporate all the new features onto the ROMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.