Post All Droid 2.1 Update Rumors, News, and Updates HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

krwzn

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
just curious.... what is the big deal with the update?im pleased so far with my hero,or maybe im just ignorant to the amazing power of 2.1 that i havent witnessed so i guess i dont care right now until i now what all the fuss is about.

Reactions: directcomposer

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Motorola Droid will receive the 2.1 update this week: Motorola Droid 2.1 Update Coming This Week! | Android Phone Fans

Hopefully, this means we don't have too long before we Hero users get the update. It's taking way too long!

There is absolutely no correlation between the Droid update and the Hero update. The Droid is made by Motorola and is running vanilla. The Hero is made by HTC and also has Sense UI (awesome!) and Touchflow (Awesomer!). These take time to test to see if there is any critical components not compatible with 2.1. Moto has coped out and it seems as if their release is going to be very minor, despite the N1 looking pretty bitchin!

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I would love to see even a 1.6 update, that way we CDMA support is included in the OS. I am also hoping the fact that the Droid is getting 2.1 soon means my fiance's Moment will get it soon too

A855

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Motorola Announced Android 2.1 For Droid OTA Update To Roll Out This Week!!

Has Anybody got the update yet if so what features are missing?

R

Roy Aguilera

Welcome to yesterday. This is all over the forum. The update has not rolled out yet.:p

A855

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Moto stated on there facebook page it would be rolling out 2.1 this week i would hope big red has played and approved of this. Although i did read it would not have 3d wall papers :( but i hope i get this update tom or by friday!

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
the only thing speculated is that the droid 2.1 will not have the 2.1 launcher or 5 homescreens that are included on the Nexus One. They are apparently to Processor heavy. But that isn't confirmed, so we may have the same 2.1-update1 that the N1 just received.

A855

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site

Welcome to yesterday. This is all over the forum. The update has not rolled out yet.:p

Sorry Have not been on here since 1-22-10 L0L when 2.1 never came to dissaponted so when i seen Moto's Facebook page went on here. I beleive i got 2.0.1 on a Tuesday so though i would be in Second bach of roll outs.

R

Roy Aguilera

Sorry Have not been on here since 1-22-10 L0L when 2.1 never came to dissaponted so when i seen Moto's Facebook page went on here. I beleive i got 2.0.1 on a Tuesday so though i would be in Second bach of roll outs.

The first batch hasn't started. I would say it starts rolling out late in the week. Thursday/Friday/Saturday, yet I hope I am wrong and the first batch starts tonight.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I know everyone has been super anxious about the 2.1 update for the Droid. But has anybody considered the delay may be due to Motorola adding something to the Droid 2.1 that the N1 2.1-update1 doesn't have? I don't think we should be as concerned with what Motorola is gonna chop out, as to what they are gonna add. We droid owners need to only be concerned with what Verizon refuses to have implemented in the Droid update. They already chopped up Bluetooth file transfer the first time around.

I have seen Verizon's copping strategy all to often coming from a BB storm 9530, which was good hardware. But had limited capabilities due to Verizon's all controlling hand.

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm debating on whether I should uninstall the rom I just put on here and wait to see what happens with this update or if I should go back to stock now and wait for the update...

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for a question that has probably been asked a bunch. I just don't know exactly how to "search" for this.

I want to root. I have been holding off, because I wanted to get OTA 2.1 update. After I get 2.1, can I follow the established procedures for rooting my Droid? Or, does the process to root change once there is an OD update?

Somewhere, someone mentioned that an OS update may include installation of system tools that make rooting more difficult. With that in mind -- if my desire is to have a rooted Droid running 2.1, would it make more sense to root now (on 2.0.1) and then wait for someone to post a downloadable file of the 2.1 update that has been edited to remove any possible obstacles to rooting?

R

Roy Aguilera

Sorry for a question that has probably been asked a bunch. I just don't know exactly how to "search" for this.

I want to root. I have been holding off, because I wanted to get OTA 2.1 update. After I get 2.1, can I follow the established procedures for rooting my Droid? Or, does the process to root change once there is an OD update?

Somewhere, someone mentioned that an OS update may include installation of system tools that make rooting more difficult. With that in mind -- if my desire is to have a rooted Droid running 2.1, would it make more sense to root now (on 2.0.1) and then wait for someone to post a downloadable file of the 2.1 update that has been edited to remove any possible obstacles to rooting?

To be on the safe side, I would root, wait for a dev to make a 2.1 update with root and then instal. I would not OTA update as that may break root for a good chunk of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.