Phone acts weird

jamesmania88

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey AC fans I need some major help, I'm rocking a OG D1 Droid, with 2.2.1. My issue is that when I use the phone sometimes it starts typing stuff by itself and trys calling random numbers. I've heard screen condesation till i'm blue in the face and no that this cannot be it, because I'm Rooting and came back to stock so many times, never have an issue when I'm not rooted or until today. Now the phone is going crazy, any fixes that you tech savy people know of?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Yea sounds like moisture damage or a glitch somewhere. Where is it randomly typing? is it only in the browser or any apps? What is it typing, are they a sequence of numbers?

You might want to try a hard reset.

Reactions: jamesmania88

jamesmania88

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
text, hootsuite, redoes my playlist in winamp, dials number in the phone it's just anything it can put it hands on but most *'s,4,7,1,w,q,yt, # that's all it does normally that I remember seeing. It doesn't pick up on the water damage sticker though?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Are you using a custom keyboard? I've heard of problems of phones typing by themselves and problems of phones calling by themselves but never both at the same time.lol...creepy.
It has to be something wrong with the keyboard. If your using a custom keyboard try reinstalling it or if youre on stock try switching it to something else like swype. See if the problem goes away. You most likely have a problem somewhere in the system files of the keyboard.

Reactions: jamesmania88

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That sounds like moisture glitch, or software issues to me. In cases like these the device usually fix itself after the moisture evaparates.

keep playing around with it.

Good luck -

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Had the same problem with mine a few weeks ago. Phone has never been dropped, been around excessive mousture etc.... Turns out that the touch digitizer went south. :(

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't find anywhere local that had a screen in stock so I could install it. Needed a phone ASAP being that I commute. Ended up using an early upgrade towards a new device.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, good news is that a replacement shouldn't cost ya full price. Bad news would be holiday shipping delays. :( Your luck runs about like mine does.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
More than likely, your new device will be a certified refurb. Nothing wrong with that other than the fact it only has a 30 day warranty. Had I known this in advance, I could have been a lil more prepared when my refurb device failed and I was forced to purchase another device. Even using a partial upgrade, the price still left a bit of a sting.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Word of advice.... get that statement documented. I had 3 months of warranty remaining on original device that they didn't honor. Once I went in to get my first D1 replaced, they told me the warranty would carry over untill my original device warranty (1yr) expired. Had the refurb device for appx 35 days untill it failed. Went in to get that replaced and then they told me a different story. Said receiving a refurb device curbed original device warranty (even on same model device) and the refurb is only warranted for 30 days upon activation.

In the end, I didn't pay full price for the device being that I was able to use an early upgrade, but still think they didn't stand up to their end of the deal. Presently, they are still reviewing the situation. I'm not trying to be unfair and expect something for nothing, but I am hoping to see a credit of some sort on my next bill since I have several devices with the big red.

jamesmania88

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
what sucks for them is that att and sprint just installed service in my area, so I will tell them I'll leave and get my money and put in a claim with the BBB. I did the same with alltel back in the day got my money back.

jamesmania88

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
ok new question i got the replacement 1 week in the screen stops working and verizon is talking about a master reset what is that? the physical keyboard works but not the screen I can't do anything with it, any way to save it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams