How do u put a folder you created into the app drawer

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
What is my penance? 10 hail Droids? Hail Android, full of apps, the connectivity is with you. Blessed is the memory of your SD card. Download for us now and in the hour of Blackberry pulls. Aaaaaamen.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
This isn't a feature, and so far it doesn't appear to be a feature in 2.1 either. So you're left with either creating folders on one of your panes, or using a home replacement. GDE allows you to put folders in the app drawer. DxTop allows you to actually create "categories" within the app drawer as well as hide apps.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah... I forgot about dxtop. I used it for a few days. Wasn't for me. .. uninstalled. But, the categories thing and arranging things in drawers was cool.

jbharman45

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Take a look at PandaHome. I tried all the others and in the end, this one was the best mix of ability and stability. It still has a few quirks, but it literally is getting better by the day in stability as well as a fairly constant upgrade in functionality. I highly recommend it. It will support up to 11 screens, but even better, it supports folders and it also has horizontal sliding drawers that can hold up to 6 apps each (up to 6 of those) and they show up on every screen.

Last edited:

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
somehwat related question - how do you remove an App from a custom folder you have created? I long press it throw into trash - reopen the folder and its still there. ideas?

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
i think dxtop had the best options - love the dock on bottom vs pandas slide drawers. Both have long press of application shortcut to bring up a menu. I forget if panda allows renaming shortcuts, but i know dxtop does. The only downside to dxtop to me is its 4 screen limit and you're stuck with their layout where you swipe up and down as well as left/right. It's useful cause u can get to any screen from any screen, but i actually find it is slightly less intuitive even after a lot of use. panda's default skins are horrible as well but im sure u can find whatever theme u want.

RTaylor692

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Sweeter Home is a great home app. It is completely customizable. It allows a lot of different "action trays" that you can add what ever you want to put in them. Go to Sweeterhome.net and check it out. It takes some playing with, but is a very nice app. Good luck.