Going to back to stock NEED HELP FAST

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
25 views...... and no one ... ugh help me ppl lol, this is the one thing i miss about blackberry ( and crackberry)

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Ok another question , if i were to go and wipe all data/ and wipe the partition or whatever , the load the 2.0.1 update from the normal recovery mode ...... would that wipe my phone clean now that i dont have root ? and it will be all good and get rid of that super user icon ?

Tennessee

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Not sure Sooks, I have not rooted mine as yet just helping by getting this back to the top of the list for ya.

R

Roy Aguilera

Apply the zip update and restore to factory. That did it for me.

R

Roy Aguilera

25 views...... and no one ... ugh help me ppl lol, this is the one thing i miss about blackberry ( and crackberry)

Not many members here have rooted and the few that have, have not unroot.

vsugorilla9

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
this was in a post somewhere around this forum and it worked perfect for me

"1. Re-root your phone (yes make sure your phone is "jailbroke" again) and download an app in the market called Terminal Emulator (its free)

2. Now type the following in the terminal emulator app. One line at a time and pressing enter after each line

su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
cd /system/app
rm Superuser.apk
mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

3. Sync phone with google (in the settings)

4. Reboot phone

5. App should now be gone...

6. Reapply unrooted OS and wipe device .

7. Should be unrooted and the app will be gone..you can check your root status by using the Terminal Emulator app and typing "su" it should say permission denied"

this did it for me. i had my headphone jack mess up and they sent me a replacement so i needed to unroot it as well. this did it for me. only thing is you will have to reroot it and then download android terminal manager then enter those lines into it and then restart and that will remove superuser icon and permissions and then you will have to apply the original update.zip and then it is unrooted without the superuser icon. worked good for me but you do have to follow the directions very closely. its not hard but you must do it exactly right.

Last edited:

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
You must have root to remove superuser.apk as it's in a non-writeable partition that only root can access. So follow instructions from earlier post about how to remoeve. Then you can run the oem update again which will remove your access to using su.

Please note that you really run extremely little risk bringing in a phone to verizon that has superuser application on it. 99% of verizon staff will have no clue what it is and 99.5% will know nothing about where applications are installed or how to detect anything. You are fine, just bring it in.

One last note, the instructions on how to "unroot" from that forum will NOT work at all and possibly hose your phone if you were running a 2.1 rom. the 2.0.1 OEM update.zip was an incremental patch that expected your phone te be in the 2.0 or 2.0.1 state. If you had loaded a 2.1 modified image, running the the update.zip is not recommended at all, you should first restore to your 2.0.1 build.

vsugorilla9

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
yes thank you i forgot to mention that. you must load the 2.0.1 first. if you have to 2.1 rom loaded you will need to load back up the 2.0.1 that you probably backed up with nandroid. other than that you are golden and shouldnt take too terribly long to do.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Ok thanks for the help ,my mic started working again lol , so idk , i plan on re-rooting and tinkering again lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae