100% confirmed - Flash and 2.1 coming to Moto Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbharman45

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I think that the speculation of a link between 2.1 and Flash is unfounded. After reviewing all the presentations at CES, and based on the comments of the Flash team, I think we will see Flash for the Android in a Quarter or two, not soon. I think that we should see 2.1 within a week or two, however. At least that is the hope. With a 'Google Experience' phone at least we shouldn't have to wait for Verizon to put their muck on it, either.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I was simply giving you information on what was said at the Motorola presentation at CES. That's where I was told about a maintenance release coming soon followed by 2.1. Take it for what it's worth.

I wish these folks would stop speaking in riddles and give us straight info, but...

I won't kick a maintenance release out of bed either. So, bring on whatever ;)

Our last/first MR was 2.0.1. The SDK was updated as well to 2.0.1. So, if the SDK gets updated to 2.1...

Maybe we can hope for 2.1?

Last edited:

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Maybe being quiet is a good things and they just want to wow us with the best update ever. And hopefully it sooner rather then later.

droidweasel

Nov 14, 2009
www.minnesotavikings.com
ya know what? i really dont care one way or the other if its a mr or a full. i just love the wait, anticipation. its not like we have a say in what is updated,we will all just take whatever it is and say thank you. lol

DaveTheRealtor

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't get my hopes up on Flash being included with 2.1. If there is one thing I have learned from being a former iPhone geek it's, "Baby Steps". Though Google has done a much better job in the speed of the updates.

As a former AT&T employee who knows a lot of about the marketing end of cell phones, I'd say Flash by the summer. Cell phone companies have two MAJOR marketing times, Christmas (obviously) and Back To School. Plus you figure that will also be about the time the new iPhone is rolling out and Google will be looking for bragging rights.

2.1 is the exception in this case because of the N1.

$0.02

R

Roy Aguilera

I wouldn't get my hopes up on Flash being included with 2.1. If there is one thing I have learned from being a former iPhone geek it's, "Baby Steps". Though Google has done a much better job in the speed of the updates.

As a former AT&T employee who knows a lot of about the marketing end of cell phones, I'd say Flash by the summer. Cell phone companies have two MAJOR marketing times, Christmas (obviously) and Back To School. Plus you figure that will also be about the time the new iPhone is rolling out and Google will be looking for bragging rights.

2.1 is the exception in this case because of the N1.

$0.02

That makes perfect sense. I too feel that 2.1 is days away.

R

Roy Aguilera

I highly Doubt Motorola or VZW would want to hold 2.1 off till March.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon