items showing up in advanced task manager twice

todd09

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Anybody have a clue why dx top shows up twice in running applications in advanced task manager. It takes up twice the memory. How do i make this stop

Todd

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I use advanced task killer but it been awhile since I just Dxtop but I don't remember seeing it listed twice. Are you having any performance issues because of this? You can try to uninstall ATK then reinstall and see if that fixes your issue.

ridavid81

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
i see other apps show twice in advanced task killer as well.

For example Ive seen weather bug and AK Notepad twice. Might be an issue with the app itself actually running twice in the background for some reason.

Might be worth emailing the developer of the app running twice and ask if this should be happening.

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Try killing one of them and see if they both get killed. Might be a display bug in ATK.

Is it just me or is the latest update of ATK getting worse? I mean the items are tiny .. I see the new option to increase the item height but the checks don't scale and I can't tell if they are checked or not. Also, there is no way to exit the dang thing. If I have autostart set to false, and you exit the app, it still runs until you reboot the phone. So you can't use it as an app anymore.

korp#IM

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I would just kill both and then start it again ... most people have moved away from task killer though because it does nothing but cause OCD.

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I stopped using it cause i was told that it can actually ends up draining your battery since a lot of apps have automatic start up anyway and just restart after you kill them and that drains the battery. Kind of like stop and go driving compared to highway driving in your car.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Its a matter of being smart about using it.

Learn to know whats running, learn what runs on startup, and learn what you need to keep running.

Add those that will just restart to ignore, as well as those you need to keep running. Then, you have a nice, simple, and safe task manager that will not cause ill effects.

Not unlike tweaking Linux, or Windows services.