Setting up VPN to connect to home computer? Please help.

spierce7

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, right now I'm trying to decide between my droid and Blackberry Tour. I prefer the Tour's keyboard, but I just found out that the DROID can connect remotely through VPN to a computer. I wanted to try it out, and I am trying to set up a VPN on my home computer so that I can connect to it on my droid. I was wondering what software I should use to set up the server side vpn, etc. Are there any instructions I can follow anywhere? Setting it up on the droid seems easy enough. Thanks in advance!

~Scott

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I want to do this as well, but I have not had time to test it out. My internet provider also blocks all kind DS of ports, and I would have to pay for a dedicated IP address.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
You will need to install and configure an L2TP or PPTP VPN server on your home computer. Depending on what OS your home computer is running, the instructions will vary. I setup a PPTP server on my Windows XP laptop A LONG time ago, and it was pretty straightforward.

ircactus

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Setting up the vpn is pretty straight forward at least to a pptp server. I've successfully connected to vpn's running on cisco's windows server and linux boxes with the built in client. Once you actually know what you'll be using it might be a bit easier to steer you in the right direction if you still require any assistance.