Hey everyone, I have a quick question that can hopefully be answered by one of the many kind members on the forum!

Recently I was text messaging a friend that had sent me a picture which I had made my contact picture for that particular person. Unfortunately I deleted the picture from my media gallery, yet to my surprise the contact picture for her name and number was still a small image of the picture that I had deleted.

So my question is: Could there be any chance that I would be able to get the full picture? Maybe someway to pull it off of the SD card?

Much thanks in advance for the help!

Mario.
    01-17-2011 07:33 PM
    welcome to the forums!

when you save a contact pic, it doest save to the sd card, it saves to the phone memory. unfortunately i dont know of any way to recover it once its there though. you could always see if your friend could re-send the pic though
    01-17-2011 10:34 PM
    I hate to disagree terpitude, but the contact pics actually sync with Google so they go with you no matter the phone(you can also see this in your contacts in gmail). I do agree that there isn't a way to retrieve them as far as I know.
    01-18-2011 02:35 PM
    welcome to the forums!

when you save a contact pic, it doest save to the sd card, it saves to the phone memory. unfortunately i dont know of any way to recover it once its there though. you could always see if your friend could re-send the pic though
    Thanks for the info!

I wonder if there is anyway to recover it from the internal memory. If there is anyone out there that, can verify that i will just need to receive the picture again, it would be appreciated!

Mario.
    01-18-2011 02:36 PM
    I hate to disagree terpitude, but the contact pics actually sync with Google so they go with you no matter the phone(you can also see this in your contacts in gmail). I do agree that there isn't a way to retrieve them as far as I know.
    Thanks for the response MrSmith317

Its unfortunate that there seems to be no way to retrieve the darn thing!

Wish I would not have deleted it!
    01-18-2011 02:38 PM
    Screenshot on the PC and crop it. It won't be the full image, of course.

As always, if it's important data then back it up. That's especially important for smartphones as they're easily lost/damaged/stolen/etc.
    01-19-2011 08:37 AM
    so it does! goes to show how often i actually use the contacts area on my gmail page
    01-20-2011 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD