Multimedia Dock Questions

AllGood

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Basically 2 of the same question.

If i went to set it to go through my pictures i guess in "picture frame mode" how do i select what pics to show? Some i may not want it to cycle through, like album art.

The second question is the same question but with music.

TIA

Great help so far, just got the Droid on Friday and love the help and the device.

toonyman

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I am not trying to hijack but if anyone can tell me how to turn down the brightness while its in nighttime mode (its still quite bright) I would appreciate it.

AllGood

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I am not trying to hijack but if anyone can tell me how to turn down the brightness while its in nighttime mode (its still quite bright) I would appreciate it.

From what i've seen on the forums is that it you can either have it bright, the 1 dim option by hitting the light bulb or off.

Any experts have any more luck?

chrisb73

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I was going to ask both questions also. I can dim it but like for it to be a little less bright also. It would be nice to put the pic you wont in a folder.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
yeah, that's my understanding unless there's an app that will dim it more. It's either bright, hit the light bulb to dim it, or hit the power button and turn the screen off.

R

Roy Aguilera

2.1 turns the screen black and has them android green time bounce around the screen (while docked). It really helps.
Even if you don't press the dim button it does it all by itself.
Funny thing is that I have had the multimedia dock since day 1 and have not used it for pictures or music.:D

R

Roy Aguilera

You can create playlists and only play the music you like (by selecting the playlist you created).
As for pictures, try creating a new folder called Photos on your SD and place any unwanted pictures in that folder. That may help.

AllGood

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
You can create playlists and only play the music you like (by selecting the playlist you created).
As for pictures, try creating a new folder called Photos on your SD and place any unwanted pictures in that folder. That may help.

Doesn't help. Not sure exactly what its doing but it seems to scan for jpg and display any regardless. I know there is the adding the dot trick to hide folders but I want the images to show on the phone if i want to show to someone but not on the digital pic frame part of the dock.

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
You could always take those photos off your phone and store them online somewhere (picasa, flickr, etc). So when you need to show them off, you can access them through the mobile website (I know flickr's is good) and they wont show up in the slideshow. And you can long press them (like any image in the browser) and download them for mms and stuff when you need them.

DERacing

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Create a folder called .noshow (or whatever you want) and place pics in there. The important part is the . in front of the name. That hides the folder and you can only access it through a file manager or explorer on your pc through the sd card mount.

produffer

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
How do you select certain songs on the driod in order to create a playlist. when i go to playlist, it has recently added songs but how do I get the ones already existing to create a new playlist

droidweasel

Nov 14, 2009
www.minnesotavikings.com
2.1 turns the screen black and has them android green time bounce around the screen (while docked). It really helps.
Even if you don't press the dim button it does it all by itself.
Funny thing is that I have had the multimedia dock since day 1 and have not used it for pictures or music.:D

what do u use it for might i ask?

compwrench

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Dock Uses

I use mine for weather, alarm clock, time, date, where I'm at (with the weather), because I have CRS. there is an app (not free) that you can use for music sleep.

compwrench

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Playlist

How do you select certain songs on the driod in order to create a playlist. when i go to playlist, it has recently added songs but how do I get the ones already existing to create a new playlist

You have to create a list then you have to select add to playlist from the menu while the song is playing.

compwrench

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Slideshow

Basically 2 of the same question.

If i went to set it to go through my pictures i guess in "picture frame mode" how do i select what pics to show? Some i may not want it to cycle through, like album art.

Slideshow is junk because it shows all pics that are not in a .dot hidden folder, even pics used for contacts etc...:(