I did a partial tear down on a Moto Droid this morning to see if I could fix the top on/off button. Upon rear down it appears that the button was pressed to hard and the right prong has broken off. I have scoured the internet for a button. All I need is the plastic button and that is it.

Broken button in picture:

Sorry for the poor quality but as you can see the right side prong is broken. Everywhere I look online I have to buy the whole board to get the button and all I need is the darn 2 cent plastic button lol. Anyone know where I can get one?
    01-21-2011 01:25 PM
    Why not buy a broken or display model phone off ebay? Should be significantly easier to find than the stand-alone button.
    01-24-2011 01:45 PM
    My on/off/lock button on my Droid is messed up too. Lost it's springiness. Probably the same exact problem.
    01-30-2011 10:28 PM
    My on/off/lock button on my Droid is messed up too. Lost it's springiness. Probably the same exact problem.
    mine as well, interesting.
    02-01-2011 09:50 AM
    I've now worked to not use the button...you can turn it on by sliding out the keyboard. I reinstalled my Airplane widget, reset my display to time out after 2 minutes. So don't need it except for a reset, hopefully not many of them!
    02-02-2011 09:27 AM
    I found an app which locks the screen without using the button. Sorry I don't know what it was called, I no longer have it because I got a warranty replacement phone. Try searching the market.
    02-07-2011 12:16 PM
    mine is doing the same thing. Turning mine on and off with my left hand seems to work. Any presses to the right do not work.
    02-07-2011 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD