Palm Centro to Droid

bling300c

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
My company is ordering me a Droid today.

I have a very customized Centro with many apps to make it more useful. Any 3rd party apps that are a must get? With the Centro I had takephone, key suite, chatter, plus a dozen other utilities to make if function as needed.

I have done a bit of reading here already but I am stil interested in all the knowledge that has been acquired since it has been out. Being a TreoCentral member for may years I know how valuable this forum is.

Thanks,
ed

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Me, too, from Centro to Droid. It wasn't as painful as I expected, in many respects. You'll want Takephone, again, tho' it's still kind of Beta in the Droid, he hasn't updated it yet for 2.0 and beyond. So it forcecloses a lot, but it gives you back speed dials and faves that are easy to get to, and a database that make sense.

You'll love the browser! Yowza!

I haven't yet hooked PDAnet up to it, but reportedly it works great. Also take a look at CompanionLink if you'd prefer to keep using your Palm Desktop app with your Droid. You can do a straight sync now, tho' it's not as seamless as Palm land. Yet.

The big disappointment I'd have to say is Docs To Go...it's like infantile compared to the maturity it had in the Palm. So we await some updates. Oh, and don't expect the keyboard to be Heaven. It ain't. Not much better than the Centro's for different reasons.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
One other huge GAFF...there is no, and I know it's impossible to believe...but there is NO encryption program as we know it. Unbelievable. There are some weird lock things out there, but nothing that truly encrypts the sd card so that you can carry sensitive info. For me, that means client tax files. (You can hide the nekkid wife pix with a photo vault program, tho'.) I don't know if the encryption issue is because apps cannot install on a card or what, but someone should make one. They can charge money!

that1bb

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
A program I have found very helpful in making the phone much more friendly is "acontacts". One thing I missed about my palm was direct dialing, this program good enough for me. Much more intuitive than the stock phone. Welcome to Android!

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Hi,

Just posted a new version of aTAKEphONE - 1.20 - at the Market.

This version supports OS 2.1 (Droid, Nexus One, ...), and also supports searching more fields (notes, companies...), and all contact accounts synced.

If you like the "Try before you buy" approach - you can get a full featured 30 days trial at my website.

Thanks

arjen20

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi all.
Guys i bought new palm centro last week and i need some good looking skin on it, So could anyone here please suggest me some websites providing palm centro skins?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma