Damaged SD card notification

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
My screen froze, so I removed the battery as I normally would, but when the phone started up again a notification that the sd card was damaged and may need to be reformatted popped up. I restarted the phone again, and the notification popped up again, but the phone seems to be fully functional. I'm even typing this on the phone. any idea what to do?

R

Roy Aguilera

Were you downloading something when you rebooted? Was something saving?

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I'd mount the disk on a PC/Mac. I'd run some disk checking on the card to make sure. I doubt you'll have bad sectors but stuff like the allocation tables could be corrupt. I'm wondering.... *checks terminal emulator for fdisk....*

Hmmph, needs su. If you're rooted you could just run fdisk from the command prompt on your Droid. If not, best mount the storage on a computer and run some scandisk/disk doctor on it.

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Would that possibly delete my files? Can you recommend any free scanners? I would just click on the notification and reformat it, but I don't want it to delete all my stuff. Is there any way to just do the reformatting without it deleting my files?

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
if you're plugging it into a computer, you could always back up the files to a folder on the computer, then if you have to format it, you won't lose anything

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user